• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Phat freeze with CFW

tobma

i tried to install CFW 3.90 M33 on a phat PSP, after intallation and when restarted it freezed at XMB menu.... but if i installed a OFW 3.90 it works normally... BTW, the original FW was 3.80 M33-5... any info or solution on how to resolve this problem?

tobma

i'm using NextGen_MMS v07.18.08.... this is the only tool i got right now.... i already upgraded several units to 4.01 m33-2..

Hanzo_f19

[insert custom user title here]
grab a clean 3.90 M33 flash0 from someone and try using hellcat's recovery mode

tobma

DC7 wont work when it got a 3.90 OFW... when i try to DUMP the NAND it got an error message "bad block at page 16576 block 518"....

january39

eXo Staff
DC7 wont work when it got a 3.90 OFW... when i try to DUMP the NAND it got an error message "bad block at page 16576 block 518"....

It is generally quite normal to have 'Bad Blocks' - These are not exactly dead blocks.

It sounds like it was dumping the NAND perfectly. I have had 4 bad blocks on a brand new slim.

Re-flashing the firmware should restore the flash0 files, So i would suggest using dc7 to flash 4.01 m33. See where you are at after that.

tobma

just finished flashing with 4.01 M33 with DC7, it still freeze... then i restored it back to 3.90 OFW it's normal again...

info:
Only the Volume Buttons were working when it freeze up...
Model: PSP Standard (TA-81)

january39

eXo Staff
WHen you say freeze - It stalls on the XMB or you get the Press O to restore default settings screen??

Hmmm

january39

eXo Staff
Have you any Flash0 themes or Plugins installed when you tried the CFW install? Something is wrong within the Flash0 files (i think) and this is causing the freezing.

tobma

i'm not sure with the flash0 Themes... it came with the freezing problem already but not always... so i decided to upgrade to 3.90 M33 that it may solve the freezing problem... BTW. some of the games installed were already corrupted...

tobma

no one got any solution for this certain problem???

BTW, with DC7:

i already tried FORMAT LFLASH for several times....
i already played with IDStorage Tools..... (change region and MAC address)
i already flashed the NAND from other PHAT PSP backup....