• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New Memory Card

despaiR

Hi,

New to the forums. I followed the guides and successfully got my PSP running on 4.01 M33-2 on a 1 gb... I just got a 8gb mark2 from FRYs and I'm just wondering if the PSP will boot if I transfer all the files from my 1gb card to the new 8gb card. Currently the PSP will not boot with the new card.

I tried to search the forum, but I'm not sure about what terms to put in. Any help would be appreciated

Jake

Are you using a pandorised battery to boot the psp?
Psps will not load with a padora battery unless there is a magic memory stick or timemachine memory stick in the psp.
If you softmodded your battery you can turn the psp on without a battery but with the charger and restore your battery back to normal.

despaiR

Thanks for the help. Should I format the card to NTFS or FAT32? It seems that I won't be able to use the full 8gb on FAT32. For some reason the XMB is loading slower than it did on the 1gb.

despaiR

last inquiry... so FAT32 will limit my capacity to 4gb, correct? I won't have the full capacity of 8gb?

Again, many thanks!

despaiR

hellcats software reformat my card to FAT format < the step before installing 1.50 software and then installing msipl.bin. that's why I'm not getting the full 8gb capacity. am i doing something wrong?

january39

eXo Staff
What FW are yuou running now then? As i am pretty sure using 1.50 the psp will not read >4gb cards, until you get to the 3 & 4 FW's

despaiR

its running on 4.01 m33-2. i re-did the steps to create the MS and pandora battery. The only way I can get it to FAT32 format or 7gb+ full capacity, is if I format the card again through the psp. when i do that, sometimes my psp won't boot. im assuming that its b/c after the format, it erases the IPL file which is necessary for the psp to boot. again, any help would be appreciated

update: Thanks for all the replies, i think i got it solved.