• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Installing CFW on daxter slim with 4.0 OFW?

Ray

hi i just want to know i normaly use the Ultra Pandora Installer v3 to install CFW, now i just want to know will this still work on 4.0 OFW?

january39

eXo Staff
hi i just want to know i normaly use the Ultra Pandora Installer v3 to install CFW, now i just want to know will this still work on 4.0 OFW?

At the current time you will need DC7 to d/g that version, which should be a TA-088v2. If the motherboard is lower than a TA-088 then UPT will work.

If you are really unlucky and have a TA-088v3 then you cannot switch to CFW......Yet.

You can install DC7 to your UPT stick, as long as the Boot key is not selected as LTRIGGER &
We (PSP4noobz Team) are shortly to release UPT v5 which will include DC7, all ready to go.

Keep checking for it :wink:

Ray

by the way i must say it came with 3.95 OFW and them update it to 4.0 OFW if it makes a difference

january39

eXo Staff
Not really but it more likely means your PSP is on the TA-088v2 which means you will need DC7, If you can wait the new version of UPT v5 is immineint and this has DC7 intergrated into it.

as i am aware DC7 is the only program that can currently deal with TA-088v2 MOBO's

J

jx233

Ray, what country did you buy this in?

I live in in America and need a TA-088 V1 or a TA-085 V2.
I need to know where you got it, that way if you got it in America, I'll know that there Ta-088 v2s in the market and avoid them.

(plus, i'm getting tired of my TA-082 Fat PSP)

silver_surfer

@ Ray:

your PSP is most likely using a TA-088v2 below motherboard not TA-088v3 since it came with an OFW 3.95

silverspring's blog said:
"There’s some confusion with regards to the relationship between the firmware version and the motherboard. There isn’t a one-to-one correlation between the motherboard version and the firmware version. That is, if you have a TA-088v2 board then you have (at least) a 3.90 firmware. However the inverse is not true, that is, it doesn’t necessarily mean that if you have a 3.90 firmware then you have a TA-088v2 board (you may have a TA-088v1 board or maybe a TA-085v2 board).

It’s just the TA-088v2 boards first started appearing with 3.90 firmware. But you may also still have TA-088v1 boards or TA-085v2 boards being produced with 3.90 firmware too. Especially depending on the region. The firmware versions listed above are the earliest firmwares seen with these boards. These boards were released in Asia first so the firmware version may be earlier than on US or Europe models.

Basically, you cannot tell what board you have just based on the firmware version (though you can make an educated guess), however if you have a certain board then you will know at least the earliest firmware it will have."

"The new TA-088v3 boards only come in 4.xx and above. The new pre-IPL in these boards can only boot the 4.xx IPL’s, it cannot boot older IPL’s from 3.xx. So as long as the PSP doesn't come with 4.xx fw you know it won’t be a v3 board. Just remember, v3 boards cannot run firmwares under 4.xx." Source

Ray

Thx for the info i must say that i have a GoW slim and it came with 3.95 OFW i did downgrade it using Ultra Pandora Installer v3 without any problems i was just curious if having 4.0 on it would affect it

J

jx233

Ray, thanks for telling me!!! :smile:

now, I have to watch out for the TA-088 V3 in America.

I live in America, but what state did you get your PSP?
(I'm in Pennsylvania, so I need to know.)

Ray

well i dont know from what state i got it because i did buy it on the internet XD, so i cant tell from what state i got it lol am sry

J

jx233

k, no problem .

I'm going to buy a Slim very soon, and I'll just get a used one with 3.80 or 3.90 OFW on it.

:)