• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Sister did sumthing to her PSP please help

Bou

So my sister gives me her psp and tells me to fix it. I dont really know what is wrong with it but every time it boots up to the xmb it freezes and shuts down. I thought maybe the battery but i tried her battery on my psp and it worked perfect. And right now when i try to boot it up to the XMB the screen doesnt even turn on. the memstick light filckers(no memstick is currently inserted) and the green power light comes on. but nothing else seems to work. I am thinking it is a potential brick or there is somthing wrong with the INSIDE of her psp. BTW she is at a OFW from back in january i think so i cant boot into a recovery with her psp. Thanks!

Bou

Okay, I made everything corectly..... when i put in the battery my sisters psp turned on automaticaly. And when i say that i mean that my sisters psp turns on when i put on the battery cover... HELP IT POSSESED

Bou

That isnt the kinda turn on i mean. The LCD does not turn on THE ONLY THING THERE ARE THE POWER LIGHT AND THE MEMSTICK LIGHT

Jake

That means that the psp is in service mode, if you have a magic memory stick(eg DCv7) in before the battery it will load DCv7(unbricker) otherwise you will just get a blank screen.

Bou

I put the memstick in first and used my pandora batt and it still has the power light turn on(NOTE THE MEMSTICK LIGHT DOES NOT TURN ON) And it is not a blank screen it is a dark screen as in it isnt on...

Jake

You could try remaking the magic memory stick, and try it then.

Bou

I tried that and i also tried the memstick on another psp and it worked so i dont know

Gwapingn8

buddy one word... BRICK.

my theory.. your sister was probably updating to the next official firmware or one of her friends doing it for her... and the power shut down due to battery loss or disconnection from power plug... this could disrupt the whole process of an upgrade... thus creating a brick on your sister's psp..

as people are saying on this thread the major solution to your problem is the combination of a pandora battery & magic stick...
the one that you are currently trying, has it been used once at least to succesfully unlocked another PSP before?

Bou

My pandora only has downgraded not unbricked so no..... I never got a brick before. I dont know if it is one tho cause she said it DID turn all the way on then it froze and turned off. Also she just told me that when she held it by the silver part (operating a PHAT) she said it turned on and didnt freeze untill she pressed a button (now she tells me)

Bou

Okay sorry to double post but no one was replying. umm I can turn it on and off but that only the power light turns on. oh yeah and if anyone wants to im me about this i got aim and msn so ask

january39

eXo Staff
Your sure the MS was made correctly and is proven to work?

Do the MS light and Wi fi do nothing at alll? no flashing rapidly ect.

And you are using the correct boot sequence as in Holding D pad Left (whatever it might be)

Bou

i would but like i said my memstick doesnt load into pandora service mode(LCD doesnt even turn on) and the memstick light doesnt even flash the only thing that seems like it works is the power light. And she says that she wasnt even upgrading to the newest firm ware she said it was a progressive thing. She said first it started freezing then turing off. Then she said when she turned it on it would freeze when she tried to move icons and now she says the LCD doesnt even turn on. I think it might be somthing inside the psp Suggestions?

Gwapingn8

I am beginning to think you memory stick you created isn't properly working.
is there a way to make another one... maybe grab your friend's psp (assuming that his is already on a CFW)... then create a new magic memory stick... sorry don't have the link but it should be here somewhere.