• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

NDS Report: New Nintendo DS Due Out By Year's End, Features Music Playback, Built-In Camera

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ds.jpg

According to a report from Japan's Nikkei business daily, transcribed by news site Reuters, Nintendo is poised to launch an updated Nintendo DS model by the end of 2008, presumably in response to Sony's third PSP hardware refresh.

Although Nintendo has yet to make an official announcement, Nikkei reports that the new model will feature a built-in camera, along with support for the playback of music files. No word on price, but expect it to cost less than 20,000 yen ($189).

All factors considered, it's extremely likely that the revamped DS model will be formally unveiled next week at Nintendo's media briefing in Japan, which is scheduled to take place on October 2, a week before the annual Tokyo Game Show kicks off.

Nintendo to launch camera, music-capable DS [Reuters]

icedman204

<p>Wow now this is a DS possibly worth buying.... although i wonder if those "MOD" karts will work to be able to play homebrew on the DS.</p>

ekmuas

<p>built in camera!! what!!?? come on psp you've had that stupid camera xmb for almost a year now and it was put into no use :( better step up</p>

`Rage`

<p>@ekmuas</p>
<p>You had to buy a external camera attachment that fits on top of the PSP via usb port.</p>
<p>It took pictures and recorded.</p>
<p>I highly doubt that the DS camera will be worth using.</p>

d1ddy

<p>@ekmuas</p>
<p>You had to buy a external camera attachment that fits on top of the PSP via usb port.</p>
<p>It took pictures and recorded.</p>
<p>I highly doubt that the DS camera will be worth using.</p>

it will probly be 0.2 megapixels lol