• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

psp won't get into service mode

jeitens

I've just bought a psp, firmware 3.95. I've used PSP Grader v0005 to create a pandora stick, with 3.90.PBP. I use a Datel "tool maker" to put the orginal battery in "service mode" and back.

Mean while I used PSP Grader v0006, factory defaults......4.01.PBP etc

My problem is, it won't boot from memory stick, even the memory stick led doesn't light up.
The battery seems to be working in "service mode"

can anyone help me?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Sounds like the memstick isn't created properly. You won't get any lights until it's loaded the IPL from the memstick and run it. Go back to the tutorials and make sure you make the stick properly. The biggest reason it doesn't work for people is it wasn't formatted so that the IPL could be put in the right place (right before the first partition of the memstick). Pandora includes a special PC program to format the stick properly.

jeitens

I formatted the stick using the psp with the OFW, then I used PSP grader with 390.pbp, TimeMachine IPL, format memstick and create pandora stick.

So the psp grader formats the memstick and creates a pandora stick.

Is the software wrong for my psp, the 390.pbp??
Or could you point me in the wright direction??

Chilly Willy

Contributor
The format the PSP does on the stick will not handle Magic Memstick. You have to use the Windows formatting app, or the instructions for formatting in linux. The PSP is just used to create the software - it takes a PC to make the proper format and place the generated data in the proper place.

jeitens

I formatted the stick under XP, fat32, twice, but still the same result.

Can show me what the layout off the pandora stick must look like,
or can you tell me were i can find the wright files or tutorial??

jeitens

a Friend used the same tutorial, but first he updated the psp to OFW 4.05, so i did to.
this still doesn't work for me. I need another tutorial and ebootfiles, to work with the psp Grader.

dennis96411

jeitens

I have a model 2004 and a 1200mAh sony battery so, thanks, but your guide isn't working for me.
I can't get passed the first step, It seems to be, it will not boot into recovery mode.
I've copied the dir anyway and when I start it in the game menu I get "the game could not be started 80020148"

Dmx226

I have the same problem on my PSP 2004. I've used PSP grader v0006 with 4.01.PBP and it won't boot from memory stick, even the memory stick led doesn't light up. I have a 4GB MS Pro Duo Sony Magic gate & a pandora battery tool.
The battery seems to be working in "service mode" (green led). Nothing appears on the screen.
Jeitens, using a Sandisk Memory stick 2GB, seem to solve the problem.
Which way did you use to format the Sandisk MS (PC Fat32 or PSP)?