• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP-3000 Review

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Nomo

Good Work ;)

Nice review x3sphere

For Sony, give one PS3 160GB to x3sphere, for made other nice review

Kairu43

I agree. Great review, I'm seriously considering picking one of these up once Dark Alex figures out how to put custom firmware on these puppies; and this review really helped me decide if this revision is really worth it. BTW, for those of you interested, I have a PSP 1000 running 5.0 m33-3.

yugdaedemos

<p>There is one thing that is also better about the psp-3000 its slightly reduced in size.</p>
<p>Both 2000 and 3000 are 6.7 in wide.
The 3000 is 2.7 in high and .7 in deep.
The 2000 is 2.9 in high and .9 in deep.</p>
<p>All though minute its still another improvement.</p>

brad_snake412

<p>well the image were it shows the XMB i can clearly see lines and all the other images its very visible on the psp-3000 and im not trying to look hard sony should try to make the psp better instead of trying to rush to get rid of CFW on the psp.</p>

voidzero1

Darkness
<p>Nice review x3sphere.</p>
<p>However, regardless of how SONY wants us to notice the beautiful colours and improved brightness, those irritating scanlines will be noticeable. Hard core gamers would rather prefer smooth graphics and video.</p>
<p>But everyones entitled to their own opinion. I'm not happy with the PSP 3000, and wouldnt' plan on buying one. My Phats and Slim are perfect for now.</p>
<p>SONY should also consider putting on a 2nd digital controller like on PS2/3 Dual shocks. Sure having a mic is great, but I'm not going to chit chat with my PSP.... I'm a gamer. I use my PSP for just that. Wake up SONY!</p>

pashteto

<p>Hey, great review, thx. But they say, 3k "eats up" battery much, much faster than 2k. Can u say anything 'bout it?</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
@pashteto: I found battery life to be equivalent to the PSP-2000, even on max brightness.

Shahoz

<p>hello Guys anybody know when psp 3000 will be hack or is it been hacked?please reply how can i play games n install firmware in psp 3000</p>

jamesandnotyou

<p>Well Still cant decide which one i should be getting. I have the psp phat, and its not working like it should the analog stick is moving on its own, and the battery only runs for 45 mins on full charge (T.T) Now would seem like a good time for me to get a new one but just cant decide which one to get. Should i get a 2000, and just hack it?, or get a 3000 stay legit and wait till it could be hacked?</p>

J

jx233

jamesandnotyou said:
Well Still cant decide which one i should be getting. I have the psp phat, and its not working like it should the analog stick is moving on its own, and the battery only runs for 45 mins on full charge (T.T) Now would seem like a good time for me to get a new one but just cant decide which one to get. Should i get a 2000, and just hack it?, or get a 3000 stay legit and wait till it could be hacked?

Its your choice. If you want hacks, get a PSP-2000, if you don't; get the PSP-3000.

oxybenshoppe096

<p>i just bought my psp 3000 yesterday. Why is it that my psp restarts when i go to photos. And the my psp hide the games i have.. i cant find it on my psp. I cant play it. Can anybody help me please on this matter.. Thanks</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Where did you purchase your PSP? Sounds as if HEN is pre-installed or something. You could try deleting the contents of the PHOTO folder when connected via USB.