• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Unbricking a bricked PSP

BurnCycle

For a long time i being trying to solve this problem, but till now i didn't got a solution. Let me explain what is my problem.
My friend gave me a bricked PSP for me to unbrick it. (I don't have a clue how he bricked it) Since i was not able to unbrick it at the time, he gave me the psp and it's being here still till now. The PSP is a TA-082 model.
I have some experience on installing CFW, and the card/battery that i use works fine on all other PSPs that i worked (i would say +/-10 psp).
Where's a list of what i used till now to try to unbrick:
- DC v1 to 5: got an "psar decode error" while installing the firmware.
- DC v7 to 8: the menu of DC doesn't appear... the PSP will stay black till i remove the Pandora battery.
- Noobz 1.50 Downgrader: after formating the flashs the screens go black and after a few secs the PSP shut down.
I used some other tools like KeyCleaner and nandTool to try to identify any problem but i didn't found any problems.
The card that i use is a SanDisk (1.0gb) and i use PSP Pandora Deluxe v2.5 to create it.
The card and battery used are working in other PSPs

Can anyone give me some help?

Alex

have you formatted your memory card with mspformat...it formats the first 256kb of your stick so pandora programs will work????
also how did you install dc7, i have it, it works fine for me and im running on a ta-86 mobo

BurnCycle

have you formatted your memory card with mspformat...it formats the first 256kb of your stick so pandora programs will work????
also how did you install dc7, i have it, it works fine for me and im running on a ta-86 mobo

(It's been a while since i checked this post)

Yes i formated it. (It works welll, as i posted in the first post)
The DC7 was installed with the latest Pandora Deluxe software.

What i'm asking is to know if anyone as some idea how to solve this problem. Believe me i tried alot of things. A second thing i would like to know is, if no one have any idea how to fix this, is there any place (website or forum) that specialize on this kind of problems?

J

jx233

My Response:

-Maybe, its bad updater PBPs (ie: 401.PBP, 150.PBP, etc.)

Try getting better updater PBPs from other sites.

And try Pandora Deluxe v3.1, maybe thing will work then.

but my question is:

And for DC7, did you add/install the TimeMachine IPL? Without the IPL, the PSP will just be a black screen with the Pandora Battery inserted.

BurnCycle

My Response:

-Maybe, its bad updater PBPs (ie: 401.PBP, 150.PBP, etc.)

Try getting better updater PBPs from other sites.

And try Pandora Deluxe v3.1, maybe thing will work then.

but my question is:

And for DC7, did you add/install the TimeMachine IPL? Without the IPL, the PSP will just be a black screen with the Pandora Battery inserted.

1st cant' be bad PBPs cause it works for any other PSP.
2nd yes i installed, keep in mind that this card/battery are working fine in other PSPs that i unbricked.

january39

eXo Staff
What boot key are u using for DC7 and 8?

J

jx233

was the PSP damaged internally before? (like being dropped or having damaged hardware)

J

jx233

BurnCycle said:
That i don't know. (Doesn't look like it, but i can't be sure...)

Well, if you ever check the innards of your PSP, and see somethigng, that might explain some of the problems.

BurnCycle

As i said, doesn't look like that... One of the things that i was hoping for was, if it is hardware related, identify the hardware problem. (ex. card reader or flash, etc) Any ideas how?

J

jx233

BurnCycle said:
As i said, doesn't look like that... One of the things that i was hoping for was, if it is hardware related, identify the hardware problem. (ex. card reader or flash, etc) Any ideas how?

To see if its the Memory Card reader problem:
-Try another Magic Memory Card that is different than your 1 GB Sandisk.

And if its flash, download the latest nandtool, to check your flash/NAND.

BurnCycle

To see if its the Memory Card reader problem:
-Try another Magic Memory Card that is different than your 1 GB Sandisk.

And if its flash, download the latest nandtool, to check your flash/NAND.

As you can see in the first post, i already used nantool. No errors. About the card, don't see how changing card i'll see if the problem is the MC reader.

J

jx233

If that other card fails, then its proof that you have a bad MC reader.

BurnCycle

could mean that the problem is somewhere else too...
Unfortunately there's not a safe way to check is the problem is there... :(

J

jx233

If you make another MagicStick, try donwgrading with that one, if it cannot downgrade or gives you some error, that's proof that its PSP+ MC reader not working.

BurnCycle

what if the problem that crash the downgrade in the same place is caused by a malfunction memory or some other problem inside the PSP?

J

jx233

what if the problem that crash the downgrade in the same place is caused by a malfunction memory or some other problem inside the PSP?

Yes, that is a very good possibility.

And your friends bricked PSP, before he bricked it, did it have CFW?

BurnCycle

i honestly don't know. I believe someone tried to put a custom fw and went wrong....
Then they gave to me to try to fix it. Since i wasn't able to, he gave me the PSP.

january39

eXo Staff
Have you tried re-creating your MS using only the Standard IPL? Eliminate the boot sequence.

It could be the that the unit is just 'Corrupt' and to much damage to go back - or in this case 'start'.

I would suggest flashing a clean nand to it & re-generating the idstorage but as you cannot get to DC8 menu screen..........