• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Media Player for PSP

tential

Ok I keep hearing how good mp4 is but I honestly don't really want to have to convert everything before putting it on my PSP. Sometimes I just want to have a file and be like, lets watch it today, click and drag it and have it work. mplayer is being ported to the iphone currently and it plays almost everything. It gets sound on everything and most video. Syncing isn't that great but it's just been released and works pretty well.

Is there any work being done so we don't have to always use mp4 on the psp? I mean I know there is PSP Media Player but that is extremely old and no work has been done on it. It seems like with 3 years there could have been a lot of improvement on the player. Anyway does anyone know of any other people that have started developing apps to allow native support of avi files on the PSP? I can't seem to get through all of the old posts to find out if any new work is being done. Any help would be great thanks.

january39

eXo Staff
Yeah, i would be intrested on such an App. Admittedley it only takes 20 Mins AVI>Mp4 but still.....

tential

Yeah, i would be intrested on such an App. Admittedley it only takes 20 Mins AVI>Mp4 but still.....

That's still 20 minutes you have to wait and if you want to move a whole season of videos onto your PSP you gotta do each one then. I mean it's just more convenient so I was wondering if there had been any progress in the past 3 years on this. It rocks for the iphone and I hope they continue development.

january39

eXo Staff
What converter do you use? It takes me 1.5 hours for a full movie with xvid4psp.

Magic 3gp/ipod converter. Avi>mp4 (med quality) 20/25 mins :biggrin: