• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

starman208

:/ I think I ended up doing something wrong. I followed everything as closely as possible, but I ended up not being able to upgrade my own psp. I did downgrade it from 3.95 to 1.5, but I'm not sure where to go from there, since the guides I've seen don't show what to do for it, and I'm afraid that I'll wreck it (or my friend's) in the process. Does anyone have any advice?

Edit: I got mine up and running 3.52 M33, gonna update it now, so forget my last question...

Edit 2: now I have a problem: I originally started out at the official firmware, version 3.95. then, I screwed up the upgrade process, but managed to get it to 1.5. then I upgraded it to 3.52 m33, 3.52 m33-4, 4.01m33, and finally 4.01 m33-2. anyway, I'm having problems now. my battery, which I made into a pandora battery when trying to upgrade from 3.95 to 4.01 m33-2, won't let a system boot properly. my friends battery works fine, but mine just turns on the light but keeps the screen black when plugged in. I'm guessing I made a mistake somewhere, and since fat psp batteries are hard to come by around here, not sure how I'd replace it. some help would be greatly appreciated...

ccchua22

hi x3sphere, i having a error code saying" PSAR decode error,pos=0x00729c70" when install DC7.77 during 38%, i using CFW 5.00 m33-3
what should i do?

I downgrade my set to 3.90 n redo the steps, now is ok. thanks x3sphere!

chemist

Staff infection
I got it to work.
I bricked my psp last night :<

kasimsye

Hi Guys, thank you for all the insights. I just bought a PSP Slim 2001 and followed the procedure mentioned here to create the MS and the pendora battery on a phat PSP running CFW. When I put in the MS and the battery in the slim psp (keeping the UP arrow key pressed - inserting the MS first and then the battery) the screen remains blank and nothing happens. When I tried the same on the phat psp i could get the service menu. Do you have any idea as to what might be wrong here. My phat psp battery was working with my slim psp before it got pendorized.

Haider

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi Guys, thank you for all the insights. I just bought a PSP Slim 2001 and followed the procedure mentioned here to create the MS and the pendora battery on a phat PSP running CFW. When I put in the MS and the battery in the slim psp (keeping the UP arrow key pressed - inserting the MS first and then the battery) the screen remains blank and nothing happens. When I tried the same on the phat psp i could get the service menu. Do you have any idea as to what might be wrong here. My phat psp battery was working with my slim psp before it got pendorized.

Haider

If your Slim unit has a TA-088 v3 motherboard DC7 will not work on it. Do you know which motherboard you have? Also, have you tested the battery and magic memory stick on your Phat to make sure nothing is wrong with your Pandora setup?

rahul1bamotra

hi i had make a pandora memory stick and battery..
but now when i can start my psp its show everytime

pandora battery recovery menu.

1) press x to downgrade using ms0:/ UPDATE.PBP
2) press 0 to backup nand to ms0:/ nand-dump.bin
3) press [] to restore nand from ms0:/nand-dump.bin

i have a phat psp

kushu33

IN HELCAT, WHEN I CAN PRESS /| THIS DIRECTIONAL KEY ITS DOES NOT EXIT..
MY MOTHERBOAD IS T-82..
ALSO ICAN SEE 3001C ON MOTHBOARD.....

well the "/|" is the triangle button and re-read the guide carefully you can easily upgrade your PSP to custom firmware and if still not clear watch a tutorial on youtube

LockUp

I have created a magic stick & Pandora battery some time ago. It has DC5 and 3.90m33 on the stick. How would I go about modifying my stick?

mrdirby

Mr Dirby
I have a fat PSP1001 running the official os 4.05. Will this walk through work to get CFW on my PSP? I'm just learning about this and I'm unsure about what to do first.

Ecko

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d
This guide work with the latest (as of 11.15.08) Pandora Installer For 3.X/4.X Kernel Revision 4b?

EDIT: Stuck on step 16 using Pandora Installer For 3.X/4.X Kernel Revision 4b. There is no option to install FW 1.50. What do I use instead?

Sorry, this is my first time making a pandora kit (doing it for my friends.)

Linkinarios

Respect Your SuperXero!!
I have created a magic stick & Pandora battery some time ago. It has DC5 and 3.90m33 on the stick. How would I go about modifying my stick?

Follow the guide for Magic Memory Stick. :)

I have a fat PSP1001 running the official os 4.05. Will this walk through work to get CFW on my PSP? I'm just learning about this and I'm unsure about what to do first.

For creating a pandora battery and a magic memory stick you must have a psp with CFW and not with your OFW PSP.. Just try to ask your friends if someone has a CFW on his PSP or if someone has a PSP with OFW lower than 3.50.. If you find a PSP with OFW lower than 3.50 you can downgrade it and upgrade it to CFW without the need of a pandora and a magic memory stick.
Although you will have to create on of those for your psp..!

This guide work with the latest (as of 11.15.08) Pandora Installer For 3.X/4.X Kernel Revision 4b?

EDIT: Stuck on step 16 using Pandora Installer For 3.X/4.X Kernel Revision 4b. There is no option to install FW 1.50. What do I use instead?

Sorry, this is my first time making a pandora kit (doing it for my friends.)

What's your PSP's CFW?

drdoja

I have psp slim with 5.00 m33-2.Can i flash the fat one,for example,if i put the batery of fat in my slim,can i do pandora bat like this?

ncdcc995

is there any risk by making it on a psp slim with a custom firmware of 4.01m33 and also using a sony official battery 3.6V 1200MAH cause i scare it would spoil my friend psp.
And also 1 more question if the magic memory stick and pandora battery is done making can it make a ofw of 5.00 to cfw 4.01m33?