• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Semi-Bricked PSP?

Bl4d3

Hey everyone, awhile ago, while I was updating my PSP to OFW, it died during the update. Since then, it won't play games, but does everything else perfectly fine. I can hear it spinning in the tray, and if the press down the switch inside the tray, the laser goes. I'm using an all-original Fat PSP-1001. Any help would be appreciated.

J

jx233

Get a Pandora Battery from a friend/sibling/etc.

Then on your computer, use PSP Pandora Deluxe to make a MagicStick.

Using the Pandora Battery and MagicStick, you can unbrick your PSP.

BTW, it seems you might have an idstorage bug. From PSP Pandora Deluxe, make a MagicStick to run DC7 or DC8. From DC7 or DC8, restore your idstorage.

Tell me results then. :smile:

Bl4d3

Alright, I'd probably have to PM you, because I'm trying to find an easy way to get a Pandora's battery, I live in Canada and the EB Games don't carry any of the Datel stuff, and my friends are more into the Xbox, so none of them have a Pandora.

Bl4d3

Yeah, I could, but I know I'd screw it up. I don't want to waste the battery.

But, just to recap, everything works perfectly find, except updating and UMD loading. I remember when I updated to 4.05 on my PSP, and before that too, it gave me an error code just near the end, at about 95%.

Do you want me to update, and tell you the error code? I mean, Pandora's can downgrade for anything on a PSP fat, right?

january39

eXo Staff
But, just to recap, everything works perfectly find, except updating and UMD loading. I remember when I updated to 4.05 on my PSP, and before that too, it gave me an error code just near the end, at about 95%.

Do you want me to update, and tell you the error code? I mean, Pandora's can downgrade for anything on a PSP fat, right?

That sounds like your keys. run CWkeycleaner and it should identify it. If it has like Jx223 says you will need DC8 to regenerate the key/s

Pandora will work on any Phat PSP, you will have to borrow/buy/hardmod a battery to pandora. Its the only way.:sad:

Im surprised it is not bricked to be honest.

january39

eXo Staff
Ahh no, you going to need CFW - Quickest way is to get a pandora and MMS and then regenerate the IDstorage using that.

Lot easy than it sounds really - Your going to have to buy or hardmod a battery to pandora.

Bl4d3

The bad part is Pandora. I've got no one around that will hard mod with a guarantee, and really, the only way I'm going to get one is by buying the thing that switches your battery in between the two modes from Datel.

january39

eXo Staff
The hard mod is just slow and time consuming, but i hear quite easy to do.

Otherwise like you say, its a bought one.