• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Max Payne 3 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3, PC

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
mp31.jpg

Bringing a welcomed end to long-standing rumors, Rockstar Games officially announced today that Max Payne 3 is in development. Headed for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, the third installment promises to move the story in a new direction. Picking up years after the Remedy-developed sequel, crime and corruption will once again be at the forefront of the game's premise.[blockquote2]"We’re starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we’ve never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."[/blockquote2]Players will assume the role of a double-crossed Max as he finds himself trapped in a city engulfed by violence and bloodshed. Max has since left the NYPD and New York behind, meaning MP3 will take place in an all-new city. Due out later this winter, Rockstar Vancouver is handling development duties on the title.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Agreed. Hopefully this turns out as well as the past two installments. The only thing that worries me is that Remedy, the original developer, won't be working on this one. I do have faith in Rockstar though. I'm sure they'll have no trouble getting the gritty atmosphere down pat, but the original gameplay formula was really solid, so I hope they refrain from making any drastic changes there.

NinjaOxygen

<p>Great - I bought both of the first two games and love them to bits. I even replayed MP recently.</p>
<p>If they can keep the standard high, Max Payne 3 will be a very welcome addition to the games shelf!</p>