• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Custom Firmware 5.00 M33-4 Released

^eRrOR^

hmmm, think I'll wait for update 5 xD

alarith

<p>Can I update from my 3.51 m33 without any trouble or do I have to install some versions in between ?</p>

BOSSIII716

i have firmware 3.52m33-4 how do i update it to 5.00m33-4 and can someone help me on how to do it. these instructions arent working it not giving me the proper boot files or soemthing.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Just copy the 5.00 EBOOT.PBP into the update directory with the name 500.pbp (rename and THEN copy to avoid overwriting the update EBOOT.PBP file), then run the update from the XMB.

zildjian_lanz

<p>help!! ive just updated my firmware from 5.00m33
to 5.00m33-4 but error 80010013 appered when i select games. What will i do?</p>

BOSSIII716

Just copy the 5.00 EBOOT.PBP into the update directory with the name 500.pbp (rename and THEN copy to avoid overwriting the update EBOOT.PBP file), then run the update from the XMB.
i try that. it gets to the screen where it say unpacking.. then done and says please wait but then goes no further then that just stays there for ever. left it for over hour yesterday just to see and never moved. do you have a copy of it that you know works that can send me.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i try that. it gets to the screen where it say unpacking.. then done and says please wait but then goes no further then that just stays there for ever. left it for over hour yesterday just to see and never moved. do you have a copy of it that you know works that can send me.

Something is wrong with your memory stick possibly. Try formatting it or use a different one if available.

lupin86

<p>Umm...I have 3.52 M33-4, and I don't have an EBOOT.PBP file. Games like Crisis Core still work. I just got Dissidia, and I obviously can't play it and I'm trying to update to 5.00, but I don't know how to do it! If I don't have an UPDATE folder or an EBOOT.PBP, what do I do?</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Did you even download the ZIP archive? There is an UPDATE folder there with the required files...

Since you are 3.52 M33 you'll also need to download the 5.00 firmware update, name it as 500.PBP, and place it in the UPDATE folder.

gridbread

Eternal update freeze then full brick

I put the update folder and 500.pbp in their proper place, ran the update, got to a very official looking psp update.
It proceeded to update up to 99%, jump down to 80 or 84% and repeat, forever.
The only option was to remove the battery/ac, psp (fat 1001) was then fully bricked and unresponsive.
I have no idea what is the magical trick to this update.

dennis96411

It's not suppose to go to anything above 84%, dunno why, but it's not suppose to.

vanshyp

Upgrade from 3.52 m33-4: solution

I had the same problem... Then I realised I had kernel 1.50 running. Change your kernel to 3.52 in recovery mode (boot up psp with "R" pressed in and go to "Configuration". Worked for me!

zhutto

Dear x3sphere

i have a prob here. i was using 3.71 m33, i follow all the steps and make it into 5.01 m33-4. after that i install ir shell 4.7 and i found out that my psx games (bishi bashi) is not working. it loads and everythin pitch black, but i still can select home and quit the game. my other psx games have no prob, just bishi bashi itself. 1 more thing, i cannt load any psx game from ir shell. need ur answer ASAP plz, thanks a lot man!

BELTRAM

<p>DEAR EXOPHASE,</p>
<p>I HAD A PROB,I BUY A PSP WITH OREGINAL VERSION 4.1 N IT DOESNT PLAY N MEMORY STICK.....HOW CUD U HELP ME WITH THS PROB?????</p>

Alex

DEAR EXOPHASE,

I HAD A PROB,I BUY A PSP WITH OREGINAL VERSION 4.1 N IT DOESNT PLAY N MEMORY STICK.....HOW CUD U HELP ME WITH THS PROB?????

First of all, please dont use caps and dont double post.

if your trying to load ISO's you need cfw for that. if you bought that psp with 4.21 then there is no way of doing it for you because you most likely have a ta88v3 motherboard which cannot be hacked yet

Dear x3sphere

i have a prob here. i was using 3.71 m33, i follow all the steps and make it into 5.01 m33-4. after that i install ir shell 4.7 and i found out that my psx games (bishi bashi) is not working. it loads and everythin pitch black, but i still can select home and quit the game. my other psx games have no prob, just bishi bashi itself. 1 more thing, i cannt load any psx game from ir shell. need ur answer ASAP plz, thanks a lot man!

update your psp via network update to m33-6 (see if m33 update has been enable in recovery menu, configuration) and update ir-shell, if this dont work then you may need a popsloader.
also try reading the readme for irshell, it may hold your answers

Is 5.00m33-4 fixed the hanging when exiting a game??

i dont know, its most likely to be fixed in the latest 500m33-6, you can update via network update. (FIRST see if m33 update has been enable in recovery menu, configuration)
hi, can i update my 4.01 m33-2 to 5.00 m33-4 directly??????

yes make sure your on the 401 kernal first, otherwise it may hang
I put the update folder and 500.pbp in their proper place, ran the update, got to a very official looking psp update.
It proceeded to update up to 99%, jump down to 80 or 84% and repeat, forever.
The only option was to remove the battery/ac, psp (fat 1001) was then fully bricked and unresponsive.
I have no idea what is the magical trick to this update.

your gonna need a pandoras battery and mms to fix it.