• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How to install custom firmware for PSP 2006

rajkanna_k

Hi,

I bought a PSP in Singapore.
I don't have pandora battery.
My PSP Model is PSP slim 2006 and I have magic gate memory stick (8GB). My PSP have Sony Official firware 4.01.

I tried to install the custom firmware, its throw the 80020148 error code.

I try to install the following firmware.

Despertar del Cementerio v5
Hellcat's Pandora Installer Revision 3
3.90 EBOOT.PBP
3.40 EBOOT.PBP
1.50 EBOOT.PBP

Can anybody help me, how to resolve this problem and how to install the custom firmware.

Advance thanks for help.

january39

eXo Staff
You cannot use those until you get a Pandora battery, then those will work.

800020148 is error code for unsupported file type, until you get CFW it will remain so.

Youc an use pandora deluxe to make a MMS via a PC, then you just need the battery.

The bigger problem for you is whether you got a TA-088v3 Motherboard (comes on all new PSP's with FW >4.01), which at the current time cannot run CFW.

J

jx233

Got a question. rajkanna_k, when you bought your PSP, did it come with Version 3.95 or lower or did you buy it with Version 4.01?

Alex

then you maynot be able to hack it, it may a ta-88v3 mobo which cannot be hacked

january39

eXo Staff
About 10-15% of all PSP Slims that came out of the box with 4.01 can be hacked, anything greater and 100% no chance of CFW.

rajkanna_k

Hi..

How to check my PSP have ta-88v3 motherboard or not?

i don't have the box. i know my serial number only.
My serial number is HE0730272.

Can anybody help me to find the motherboard details.

january39

eXo Staff
There is no easy way to check this other than to try, if it works you aint got the TA-088v3, if not...........

The serial is not relevant to what Mobo you have, im afraid.