• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Swine Flu Concerns Lead Capcom To Scrap Dead Rising 2 E3 Appearance

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
deadrising2e3.jpg

Capcom apparently is taking the threat of swine flu very seriously, as word from Capcom communications director Chris Kramer is that none of the company's Osaka-based Japanese staffers are making the rounds out to LA for E3 2009.

Despite this, Capcom will still have a prominent presence at E3 but plans to show off Dead Rising 2 have been scrapped. Capcom feels the code has not reached a certain level of maturity, so letting anyone else handle demonstration duties is out of the question, says Kramer:[blockquote2]Dead Rising 2 is the only game we won't be able to showcase at E3, because it's at an early stage of development and the team is not comfortable having anyone else demo the code.[/blockquote2]With 191 confirmed cases of the virus since Tuesday, Japan is currently advising all of its citizens to refrain from traveling. People are still free to leave the country, of course, so this is a decision Capcom is making on its own. A downer, that's for sure. Looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for a proper look at this one.

Swine Flu Outbreak Kills Dead Rising 2 E3 Appearance [Kotaku]

MenaceInc

Staff Member
When I read the title, I initially thought they were worried about offending people ;)

january39

eXo Staff
Same here, Dead rising, Swine flu - O well :)

KingPepper

<p>What a bunch japanese pussies, HO SO, piggy flu, may make nose grow into snout, me not go to E3.</p>
<p>Whatever next, oh i know...Michael Jackson moves to Australia, fear of catching Swine flu...LOL</p>