• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Power Issues

The-R

The One & Only
Don't Know If This Was Posted Already But Hopefully Someone Can Help.

A friend of mind has a PSP that for some strange reason refuses to turn on. when you try to turn it on the power light flashes green and then it turns off. i have tried using a different battery and end up with the same results. tried to re-mod it but even with the pandora battery and Magic Memory Stick and it wont turn on still. i have seen this problem once before on my girlfriends psp and i ended up buying a new motherboard for hers; im wondering if my friend will have to do the same.....?

january39

eXo Staff
If you have tried those things, probably hardware failure.

THere's a few things that could be - Can you take a psp apart?

Few things to try :

Changing the LCD and Backlight, sometimes if these are faulty they kinda short the psp and you cannot turn it on, Remove the LCD and BAcklight (disconnect from MOBO) and try to psp turn it on, listen closely for the start up tune.

Charging fuse might have blown, circuit diagram required to locate it.

Power board is connected and working, Remove LCD,LCD housing & action buttons to access the power board.

Total Hardware failure, it happens.

The-R

The One & Only
oh ok then. sorry but no i not tht skilled to take a PSP apart. i kinda figure its a hardware issue cause i seen this problem b4 as i stated previously and i already tried other stuff to re-mod it but no luck. oh well guess i better give him the bad news. thanks for the help as always. it is greatly appreciated.

january39

eXo Staff
Just make sure you have ruled out all software options but if it will not even turn on with pandora generally indicates hardware faults. bd luck