• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

how do I use recovery flasher to go from 1.5 straight to 5.0 M33-6?

ultimitsu

Hi guys.

I have a psp that I bought some 4 years ago, never upgraded its FW, it is still 1.5, recently i decided to upgrade it to the latest CFW, from what i gathered it is called 5.0 m33-6.

I came across a new tool called Recovery Flasher 1.6, and fromt he sound of it, one can use it to directly upgrade firmware to any version, without having to go through them one by one.

I just need some pointers in which thread I should be reading to get the exact instruction, I cant seem to find the right guide for it (as there are millions guides on the internet)

so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Alex

well my first pointer would be to try this: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=8383 its a recovery flash from Hellcat. if that dont work, you can upgrade to 3.52m33 then 3.80m33 then you should be able to go to 5.00m33 from there.
if that seems to long, then i would recomend Dc8, it runs via pandora and will install 5.00m33-4

ultimitsu

i have dowloadd hellcat's recivery flash 1.6, it does have a version for 1.5, what i cant figure out is how to use it flash my psp to CFW 5.00, reading readme it seems to be able to do so, but doesnt explain how

Alex

Have You Placed it in PSP/GAME?
and the 500.PBP at the root of ms?

ultimitsu

so 500.pbp need to be in root directory? that could be my problem, i got it under GAME/RECOVERY AND GAME/UPDATE

I will try this and get back to you on how it went

ok, it is now installing, fingers crossed!!

it has worked!! psp is now 5.00 m33-6 !

thank you