• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

psp2001 no icons show up,

XsavioR

psp turns on but no icons show up. and it cannot shut down. Im pretty sure the kid installed custom firmware on it , and then formated his flash... Any input? im actually dealing with it at work, And if i send it in for warranty work as it is it will not be serviced. I cant think of any reason a psp would do this other then messing with the firmware.

Any ideas?

Alex

ummm, you get that when you haved flashed a incompatable flash0 theme.
you can do either access flash0 via recovery menu and restore a flash0 back-up.
or you can run DC8 via pandora.
if you can navigate the XMB, you can use hellcats recovery flasher.

XsavioR

Thanks man. I was just going to reflash it for him after explaining but I couldn't get ahold of the customer. But because its at work, there's waivers. Now I know exactly what to bring on my Pandora set to get it working. Poor guy told my coworker it just stopped working lol ~

XsavioR

Turned out to be hardware failure. Even after recovering the psp back to 5.0 OFW the icons dont show up. After restoring it to OFW sent the unit in for warranty replacement. Another satisfied customer.

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
XsavioR, do you have a phat or a slim?

If you have a slim, then they'll be retuning it with those cursed TA_088v3s!!!

If you have a phat, then your safe i guess XD

Alex

and even worse, they will return it with 5.50 so you cant use the HEN :S