• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Too many Game icons loading slowly -- any settings to cache menu thumbnails?

Shadowstitch

Hello! I'm a bit of a newb, but with the help of the excellent resources, tutorials, and stickies posted here, I have managed to successfully hack my TA-085 with a CFW, and it's all looking and working great! :thumbup1:

I do have a question though; a curiousity that I can't find the answer to, and it's so weird I'm not even sure I know how to begin searching for it.

I've been adding tons of emulators and stuff to my MStick, and now my list of items in the Mstick "Games" section of the main menu is pretty big. Like ~14 items big.

When I go into the "Games" menu, it only shows little placeholder icons, and then when I move to select an item, the thumbnail image actually loads, showing me what the item actually is. It usually loads a few items before and after the one I selected, and if I scroll to the bottom, it still shows placeholders, and it takes a few seconds for it to load the icons there and catch up. Fair enough.

BUT. If I scroll BACK up to the top, the icons are back to being placeholders, and it has to re-load the thumbnails all over again. It takes time to load, and it's kind of annoying.

Other than the obvious option (get rid of a few items!) is there any way to force the menu to keep those thumbnail images, like a prx or registry hack to specify a larger cache, or something along those lines? I'd like it to load the thumbnail once, and then keep it, so I can scroll through all the items in the list and the thumbnails won't have to re-load each time.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense at all. If you get what I'm talking about, can you offer some advice or point me in the right direction? I've searched online and through the various hack directories pretty thoroughly, but I haven't found anything even close to what I'm looking for... Thanks! :biggrin:

Alex

that would be pretty handy lol, there is a way to hide them completely so you scroll the games alot quicker, it will hide the thumbnails

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
Speeding up the CPU to 333 in VSH mode works for me. Although it still does load the thumbnails each time, however, the process is much faster!

Shadowstitch

Speeding up the CPU to 333 in VSH mode works for me. Although it still does load the thumbnails each time, however, the process is much faster!

Hmmm, I wasn't sure that setting would have any effect. I shall give that a try, and see if it makes the situation any better...thanks for the input. :)

january39

eXo Staff
Might be worth trying this, not sure if it will exactly fit but if it does open the capacity of the RAM, then it might just have the side effect that your after.

Nothing to lose i spse. High Memory Mod