• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Motherboard check 2k

adabo

I have a 2k model with no sticker in the umd compartment such as all the turorials say to look.

It's an OFW out of the box 2k running FW 3.73.

What methods are there for finding the motherboard model? Without disassembling it altogether that is.

I just want to know what mods or homebrew are compatible with it.

I heard mention of an unhackable 2k and wondered if this might be the one.

Any help/suggestions/links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

january39

eXo Staff
If that psp came out of the box with FW 3.73, i would say it is a TA-085v2, which basically means the only thing it cannot do is soft mod a battery to pandora.

It can run any CFW you want, you have no limitations on what Homebrew you want to use, and it can run any M33 FW

If you want CFW then you either update to 5.03, run chickhen>hellcats recovery flasher to 5.00M33.

OR use a pandora battery and MMS to 5.00m33.

The unhackable motherboard only came on PSP's with FW greater than 4.01 (some 4.01 psp can be hacked though)

adabo

Ooh! Sounds like a lot of options. That's good to hear. Thanks for the info january39.

I don't know what the best option is yet, since I'm new to the scene. I've modded my other 3k with GEN-A Full, and I'm very happy with it for now.

I've heard that the older models have better compatibility with homebrews and games.

I'm curious about 5.00M33. I'll do some research and see what's up.

Again, thanks for the reply. Great forum!

Or, why not just load GEN-A on the 2k? Is there any difference from GEN-A Full 503 and 5.00M33?

A.0.A

Hunter
just try both,. and you'll see what's better and the newest hellcat's recovery flasher will make you go to 5.00 M33-6, I think.,
and Good Luck,. and btw on my opinion 5.00 M33-6!

They are both CFW so just try both of them,. and see what's best!., Good Luck! :)

january39

eXo Staff
Well they are both CFW but for me M33 is the most supported in terms of homebrew. I would roll with that.

january39

eXo Staff
Please do, always happy to help at exophase :)