• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

pls help!

first post in life.
i'm using a phat psp. ver 5.02. i wan to downgrade it so i can play games on it.
one of my friends told me to use a downgrader by hellcat. i downloaded it n put it on my psp. when i pressed to use it, it said cant work,something like that.
in the read me file said i have to put the sony ver. something something in it.but i dont know where it is.
pls help
tnx

Alex

upgrade to FW 5.03, use the chickHEN to enable homebrew and use hellcats recovery flasher

january39

eXo Staff
download the official eboot from sony and place in a folder named UPDATE in the psp folder

Alex

just make sure its 5.03 otherwise you're screwed

Blaze_Fire

Or use the 'Network Update' on your PSP XMB(menu) to update via wi-fi.

january39

eXo Staff
Or use the 'Network Update' on your PSP XMB(menu) to update via wi-fi.

NO, otherwise he will go to 5.50 and then there is nothing.... :w00t:

january39

eXo Staff
run it from the xmb, and update to 5.03.

A.0.A

Hunter
XMB is the place where you would see the game, musics, video and etc.., place the update on PSP/GAME/UPDATE and paste the EBOOT.PBP., and run it under GAME

A.0.A

Hunter
welcome!, search for the tutorial on installing the Chick Hen R2 and ask for help, if you have a question!

i downloaded the chick hen and put it into the file they told me. but it didnt appear on my psp.

????

Alex

it doenst, you have to go to picture and wait for the PSP to crash, did you even read the readme?

ok,turns out i put it on the wrong file name. it appears on the psp now but when i press it it all stops.

Alex

go to the folder and when you view the files, scroll down to bottom