• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How do you install psp vnc on a 3.03 oe c?

Toailoa91

i need help on installing this vnc stuff its confusing can any one help ive looked at alot of tutorials for this but none of them work my screen will freez or it will say error some times help!!!

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
i need help on installing this vnc stuff its confusing can any one help ive looked at alot of tutorials for this but none of them work my screen will freez or it will say error some times help!!!

I've been using my computer via a VNC connection with my 3.03 OE-C PSP for some time now, it's really nice. I followed the tutorial found at http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/195/62/ they will say you'll need firmware 1.50 on your PSP, but that's simply for needing to be able boot homebrew, something we all know any OE firmware can do. ;)

Toailoa91

i got it to work for one day then the next day all of a sudden it freezes at the connecting screen what happend?

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
i got it to work for one day then the next day all of a sudden it freezes at the connecting screen what happend?

It is possible that your wireless router assigned your computer a new IP address, at which point, you'll need to make the appropriate adjustments in Portable VNC Viewer. If you've increased your wireless security to WPA, it won't connect as most homebrew software cannot support WPA, only WEP and (of course) unsecured. You'd then have to lower your WIFI security. Also, consider using the latest versions of Tight VNC and Portable VNC Viewer.

Tight VNC: Latest stable version is 1.2.9 http://www.tightvnc.com/download.html

Portable VNC Viewer: Latest stable version is 1.2.2 http://dl.qj.net/PSPVNC-v1.2.2-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/9064/catid/189

Hope this helps.:thumbup:

If you still have issues, kindly take a picture of where it freezes, send it to me in a PM and I'll try an help you further. :smile:

Toailoa91

i cant capture it something is wrong

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
i cant capture it something is wrong

You don't have a digital camera you can take a picture with of your PSP when it freezes? Okay. :mellow:

Could you tell me exactly what it says when it freezes and preferably, what it says right before it freezes?

Update: I tested v1.2.2a of Portable VNC Viewer, and it's unfortunately not the latest stable release. The "a" must have meant "alpha". Far from stable.

Here is the stable release:
Portable VNC Viewer: Latest stable version is 1.2.2 http://dl.qj.net/PSPVNC-v1.2.2-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/9064/catid/189

Toailoa91

it used to go straight to my pc screen on my psp when i click connect but now when i start it up it shows a connecting screen then it freezes......... when i turn it off it says error:cannot initialize i have dhcp firmware 3.03 oe c

Toailoa91

what is the src folder for?

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
it used to go straight to my pc screen on my psp when i click connect but now when i start it up it shows a connecting screen then it freezes......... when i turn it off it says error:cannot initialize i have dhcp firmware 3.03 oe c

Do you have your Wifi switch turned off?

Also, the src folder don't really mean anything, it's just there if you wish to create your own edition of the VNC Viewer, and because it's a free program.

Toailoa91

o i just reinstalled it its working fine now thanx

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
o i just reinstalled it its working fine now thanx

No problem. :smile:

If you encounter any other problems, please, be sure to let me know. :biggrin:

Toailoa91

it was working but then i upgraded to 3.30 oe now its doing the same thing does psp vnc support 3.30 oe

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
No, I'm pretty sure that it will work on 3.30 OE-A. Perhaps you just need to re-install it? Perhaps give it a try. :smile:

XsavioR

Connecttotcpaddr:

cannot connect

error: -1 / 116

Any help.

Trying to set this up on 3,40oea, on a pc connected to a wifi router via cat5. I think its somthing with tightvnc... all i did was install it... any help?

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Connecttotcpaddr:

cannot connect

error: -1 / 116

Any help.

Trying to set this up on 3,40oea, on a pc connected to a wifi router via cat5. I think its somthing with tightvnc... all i did was install it... any help?

error:-1 / 116

This error code states that it's attempting to connect to your computer, but it can't because your computer isn't running the Tight VNC server program. Installing it certainly does help, however, you'll need to run the application.

On an Windows XP based machine (sorry I'm not familiar enough with Linux / Mac OSX):
The application that needs to be running can be found under "Start -> All Programs -> TightVNC -> Launch TightVNC Server (Launch TightVNC Server is the application you want to run).

You will need to set up a password for your machine, which can easily be done once the program is active. When you have it running, you should notice a little "V" in the taskbar alongside the other programs that are running in the background, like MSN Messenger, ect.. You'll need to right-click that little "V" and click properties. A window will pop up, in the window, near the top left is where you can change your password. After word, click the "Apply" button, and you should be set to go. Give Portable VNC another shot on your PSP, I'm also running 3.40 OE-A and it's working fine, as I wrote this post.

I hope this helps. Let me know what happens, success or failure.
If you need further help, don't hesitate to tell me. :smile:

XsavioR

giggles i started it , i was considering the possibility of some setup needed other then installing it... every thing is by the book, i dont get it. every thing seems ok it should log right in. im gonna play with the network settings.. i figure it must be port fowarding....

its win firewall , figureing out the solution now

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
giggles i started it , i was considering the possibility of some setup needed other then installing it... every thing is by the book, i dont get it. every thing seems ok it should log right in. im gonna play with the network settings.. i figure it must be port fowarding....

its win firewall , figureing out the solution now

If you're running a firewall, you will need to tell your firewall to allow the Tight VNC program to act as a server.