• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

On and Off Bricking

KidInfe4rno

I recently picked up my old psp again (which was running 3.52 m33-4), so I then updated my Pandora with Dv8 and used that to get to 5.00 m33-4, followed by the 5.00 m33-6 update. However I now keep getting semibrick issues. Like after I use pandora on it to get it to 5.00 m33-4. it works fine at first, then the next day I wake up and its semibricked. And it starts to semibrick the day I use pandora on it, like sometimes it'll work and othertimes it work and then sometimes itll start by holding square. I have no idea whats wrong with my psp but so far it seems the only cfw that I managed to keep stable was 3.52 m33-4. Any help?

and Im using a phat from launch

Alex

could just be a hardware fault or that your mms is corrupted by either a fake ms( non magicgate supported). try to retry to make a mms

january39

eXo Staff
Sounds like a hardware fault to me...

KidInfe4rno

my mms is a sandisk magic gate mem stick duo. 128mb (hence why I only use it for pandora)
and yea im believing its a hardware fault. Ive flashed it to no availe and yea...Each time I wanna play it, i have to try to turn it on multiple times, then to just get it to work, normally have to use my pandora to restore it to 5.00m33-4. Could that cause any potential damage? Any fixes? or am I just gonna have to grab a new psp (I got this one at launch so its meh baby lol)

Alex

well, you could send it in if sony still repairs 100X's
or you could buy a new one as you said, but, bevareful when buying a new one, make sure the FW is below 4.01OFW if its a slim or 3000 becuase, then, you wont be able to install CFW

J

jx233

Unbrick your PSP to 5.00 M33-4.

Try to format and repartition lflash when on 5.00 M33-4.

Use NandTool 0.4 NEO or DC7/ DC8 to do the repartition.

Reinstall the custom firmware (5.00 M33-4).

KidInfe4rno

Hmmm wouldnt I get in some trouble if the sony guys got a psp with cfw on it? haha Obviously id drop it back to ofw but figured itd be fun to say that

O, trying what jx233 said for now. I formatted lflash and chose both options for Nand in DC8 so im hoping that entails repartitioning it. And i reinstalled my cfw. Hopefully all will go well. Its normally a delayed brick so ill need to let it cool for a hour or two

EDIT: No luck