• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Left 4 Dead 2 PC Demo Delayed, Now Scheduled To Hit Steam Tomorrow

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
valve2.jpg

As unfortunate as it may be, it's never a Valve release without delays. While already available on Xbox 360, the PC version of the Left 4 Dead 2 demo has been re-scheduled to hit Steam tomorrow, a day later than originally planned.

"The Left 4 Dead 2 Xbox 360 Demo is now available for those who pre-ordered and obtained early access to the demo. The PC Demo is currently targeted for release on Wednesday, October 28," noted the company in a statement.

While no reason for the abrupt delay was given, we'd assume that some unforeseen last-minute issues prompted the setback. For what its worth, the dedicated server files are now available, which gives us a little assurance that things are on the move.

angelsniper45

<p>ive already been playing it :p
its awsome so far.</p>

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just finished playing through a couple sessions. While at first glace it looks like L4D in a fresh coat of paint, the reality is that the gameplay experience has entirely changed. Having to deal with the new infected makes co-op unquantifiably more intense. I love the melee weapons too. Mowing down dozens of zombies with the machete couldn't be any more satisfying, especially with all the blood that splashes on the screen. The improvements in animation are great as well - it's awesome seeing a bunch of zombies go flying across the screen when hit by a pipe bomb blast.

10/10, based on the demo. If the rest of the game is just as good this will probably be GOTY for me.

XsavioR

Just finished playing through a couple sessions. While at first glace it looks like L4D in a fresh coat of paint, the reality is that the gameplay experience has entirely changed. Having to deal with the new infected makes co-op unquantifiably more intense. I love the melee weapons too. Mowing down dozens of zombies with the machete couldn't be any more satisfying, especially with all the blood that splashes on the screen. The improvements in animation are great as well - it's awesome seeing a bunch of zombies go flying across the screen when hit by a pipe bomb blast.

10/10, based on the demo. If the rest of the game is just as good this will probably be GOTY for me.

Wow, will have to try it out after that, the screenies looked amazing too.