• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

downgrading official firmware 6.0?

ajisainohime

Is there a way to downgrade my psp slim with official firmware 6.0 back to version 5? Keep in mind that I'm VERY psp stupid. I've tried to softmod mine several times but gave up every time because it was too complicated. :/ So my psp isn't homebrew compatible or anything...

Alex

is it brand new? also, what firmware did it come with?

A.0.A

Hunter
nope, got it february of last year. not sure what it came with but it was before 3.73...i'll guess 3.4

A slim can't have a firmware 3.4 because 3.4 has a kernel of 1.5 maybe it came with 3.6 and you updated it with 3.7. and if come with any of this firmware (3.60 or 3.70) you can make it into a CFWed PSP.

so you may use a pandora on it to make it turn into a CFW, just find a PANDORA MAKER plus buy a pandora battery or softmod/hardmod your own battery in to pandora battery!

Alex

well yes you can. first thing you need to do i get a pandora battery, in this, best bet is to buy from ebay. then you will need to make an mms, you can make this by using pandora deluxe. theres guides i belieive in the faq and guides section

Simon19

If you make a DCv8 Use the RUN M33 Freature to use cfw to run PIPiDent to identify your Motherboard, at that point if it says the bad board, cant remeber the number it ends in v3 i think dont install cfw you'll brick, PERMINATLY