• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Upgrading to Latest CFW from CFW 4.01 M33-2

Hey there, I just got back into the PSP scene. My old PSP broke trying to clean the screen (next time I'll have a professional do it). I bought a used fat PSP 1001 and CFWed it to 4.01 M33-2.

Now I need to know, what's the latest CFW and how do I upgrade to it from my CFW? Please give me a step-by-step tutorial.

Well 5.50 GEN bricked my PSP. Fortunately I was able to unbrick it and bring it back down to 4.01 M33-2. I'll just go with the latter for the time being.

I want to be able to run Tekken 6 with CFW on my PSP when it comes out. I need to know what OFW Tekken 6 requires.

Also, is the M33 team still making CFW? Will they make CFW compatible with Tekken 6?

Alex

well the last M33 we had was 5.00M33-6, and i dont know

All right, I tried installing 5.00 M33-6, the "safe" CFW, and my PSP bricked again. NOW something's wrong.

It's doing the same thing when I tried to install 5.50 GEN-A. I successfully completed the update, but when it restarts, even though the screen turns on, it stays on a black screen and the Memory Stick light keeps flashing on and off periodically.

I'll use my Pandora Battery to restore it back to 4.01 M33-2, but how am I going to upgrade my PSP beyond that if it bricks all the time, even with the M33 CFW?

Alex

Dont think so, it shouldnt be. i have a TA-086/82 and im on 5.50GENB atm. No problems, you could have a corrupt nand or something. Have yoy trying making a new idstorage?

I tried your suggestion and it still didn't work. I created a new idstorage with DC8, then tried to install 5.00 M33. Same situation as before, installs successfully, but stays at black screen upon reboot.

EDIT:
Sorry, but I've had enough of not being able to upgrade. I unbricked my PSP, but this time, I installed 4.01 OFW instead of 4.01 M33-2. Then I used the Network Updater to update to 6.10, which now works like a charm. I am happy with my PSP this way. I have to use UMD discs now, but what the hell...