• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Help with HC recovery v1.60 - PSP PHAT

relix

I had a psp since the systems initial release date, but other then playing it heavily around the time i got it, it mostly collected dust. And just recently i started playing it again a lot, and found out about the strong homebrew community behind the PSP. I started to research about it all, and most of the things i learned, were learned within two days, so please go easy on me if I am doing something completely wrong.

My goal at the moment is to run CFW 5.00 M33-6 without a Pandora's battery on my PSP- 1001 PHAT.
I have a PSP 1001 which had firmware 2.01. I got the files needed to complete the installation, which included, eggsploit, h.bin, PSPident 0.4, hc recovery 1.60 with 500.PBP, OFW 5.03, basically i had everything that every tutorial said you needed to have. I upgraded my PSP to OFW 5.03. I got ChickHEN enabled and went into HC Recovery, and navigated through the application to the part where it say's Install CFW, i click it, then choose to reset settings as well...and....:confused1: this is where the problem occur's. Obviously i did something wrong :huh:.

Here's the error codes on my PSP;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installing firmware - PSP model: Classic "FAT" PSP
Updater used to extract FW: 500.PBP

Unassigning flashs...
Fatal: error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash0:
Warning: error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash1
* disabling settings format, clearing registry!
Weird: error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash2
Weird: error 0x8002013a while unassigning flash3:
Extracting special updater .PRX....
Loading updater modules
Error 80020130 loading/starting 1flash_fatfmt_updater.prx
ERROR reloading decrypter module! (0x8002013a)

There have been critical errors!
ABORTING!!! No harm has been done! Press any button....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then if i try to install the CFW again, the error reappears again (obviously:wink:). But it has an added, two lines of error codes. I don't know if there's anything important about these extra lines of error codes, but possibly it could help someone determine the cause of these errors for me; here's the page again if i try the installation again with the extra error lines in bold;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unassigning flashs...
Loading updater modules
Error 80020139 loading/starting nand.updater.prx
Error 80020139 loading/starting 1fatfs_updater.prx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am wondering if anyone could help me resolve this issue. It will be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

aprentus

you should just go the pandora direction instead of hen, use hen to change your battery to pandora, and then use "psp pandora delux" to install directly to 5.0 m33 or 5.5 gen. it will benefit you more to understand flashing and unbricking, then running hen, you only need hen for newer systems, if you where running 2.1, then your system is old enough to pandora without a problem

Alex

I had a psp since the systems initial release date, but other then playing it heavily around the time i got it, it mostly collected dust. And just recently i started playing it again a lot, and found out about the strong homebrew community behind the PSP. I started to research about it all, and most of the things i learned, were learned within two days, so please go easy on me if I am doing something completely wrong.

My goal at the moment is to run CFW 5.00 M33-6 without a Pandora's battery on my PSP- 1001 PHAT.
I have a PSP 1001 which had firmware 2.01. I got the files needed to complete the installation, which included, eggsploit, h.bin, PSPident 0.4, hc recovery 1.60 with 500.PBP, OFW 5.03, basically i had everything that every tutorial said you needed to have. I upgraded my PSP to OFW 5.03. I got ChickHEN enabled and went into HC Recovery, and navigated through the application to the part where it say's Install CFW, i click it, then choose to reset settings as well...and....:confused1: this is where the problem occur's. Obviously i did something wrong :huh:.

Here's the error codes on my PSP;

Unassigning flashs...
Loading updater modules

Then if i try to install the CFW again, the error reappears again (obviously:wink:). But it has an added, two lines of error codes. I don't know if there's anything important about these extra lines of error codes, but possibly it could help someone determine the cause of these errors for me; here's the page again if i try the installation again with the extra error lines in bold;

Unassigning flashs...
Loading updater modules
Error 80020139 loading/starting nand.updater.prx
Error 80020139 loading/starting 1fatfs_updater.prx

I am wondering if anyone could help me resolve this issue. It will be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

or run the 5.00m33 updater directly :)

dasco2xxx

Done this in one try

Hi dude i have a psp phat 1006 i tried chickhen then HC recovery v1.6 and it works like a charm! i installed 5.00 M33-6 on my phat without using any pandora but i didnt flash 0.

Alex

Hi dude i have a psp phat 1006 i tried chickhen then HC recovery v1.6 and it works like a charm! i installed 5.00 M33-6 on my phat without using any pandora but i didnt flash 0.

whats your problem? do you need help or summit?