• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What Web Browser Do You Use?

Colm

Opera > *
in terms of out-of-the-box.
Firefox is just highly usable when you have the right plugins behind it.

All you chrome users should switch now.

Seth

MD Party Room
mrray2012 said:
Did Google ever state when Chrome was going to support addons?
Yea that did...

There also be porting it to linux and mac...

Adiuvo

eldiablov said:
Nothing tbh, I see no benefits as of yet. Plus there are still a lot of bugs :/
People seem to just like it because it comes from Google. Kinda like what people do with Apple.

Slasher

Suck It
Adiuvo said:
People seem to just like it because it comes from Google. Kinda like what people do with Apple.
I use it because it's extremely simple.

Has the tabs at the top, the toolbar is very compact, and most importantly - it's blazing fast.

I don't need all the bells and whistles by installing plugins and other things I don't need. All I need is a fast reliable simplistic browser, which is exactly what Chrome offers.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Adiuvo said:
yeah. brand != good automatically.

sadly most people don't seem to realize this

kaioshade

Duality
I switch Between Chrome and Firefox.

Firefox is my main, but Chrome i use when i want to experiment around a bit.

Seth

MD Party Room
Adiuvo said:
Chrome just seems like a full screen Firefox to me. What's so special about?
There are a few thing that it does different if not better..

First the Omnibar is much better than the smart bar....

One other things that every tab you're using is run independently in the browser, so if one app crashes it won't take anything else down and that saves me alot of hassles...

Chrome also loads up way faster,Also I know since I dont have any plugging on Chrome helps it do that.But I have firefox with no adons and firefox still loads way slower on a fresh install..

Also History and Downloads have worlds better search than firefox ever will...

niko86

Chrome is good, but i find it too simple. The options menu is very sparce and even though the speed increase is nice, it doesnt have the customisability of firefox yet.

Serideth

niko86 said:
Chrome is good, but i find it too simple. The options menu is very sparce and even though the speed increase is nice, it doesnt have the customisability of firefox yet.
It's not good imo. It can't display animated gifs well, the flash plugin in it crashes too much, pushing down mouse 3 to go up and down doesn't work, it doesn't go faster than firefox.

I could go on.

Colm

Using Chrome as FF won't let me access anything from outside my local network, looking into the problem now.
Speaking of this, I REALLY need to re-install Opera

PsypheR

I use Opera.

I'm not a developer and much of what I enjoyed in FireFox as an extension was built into Opera. Besides, FireFox ran like crap on my old crappy notebook (6 years old now) with multiple tabs + extensions. It was way better than IE6 at the time though. Opera then became freeware and I was pleased with the performance of it. Now I have a new notebook and Opera is blazing fast on it. I have yet to try FireFox 3 and may give it another try, but I see no big reason to. :)

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
One very nice little thing I like about Chrome is how compact everything is while still staying usable. I couldn't believe how much more screen real-estate I had while using it.

ChurchedAtheist

Mr. Beefy said:
One very nice little thing I like about Chrome is how compact everything is while still staying usable. I couldn't believe how much more screen real-estate I had while using it.
a few stylish scripts, few extensions and a good theme and you get the same screen real estate(if not smaller) with 10x the usability(imo)

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
EndUnknown said:
a few stylish scripts, few extensions and a good theme and you get the same screen real estate(if not smaller) with 10x the usability(imo)

That holds true for just about everything when it comes to FF.

Straight out of the box, Chrome does it's job.

ChurchedAtheist

Mr. Beefy said:
That holds true for just about everything when it comes to FF.

Straight out of the box, Chrome does it's job.
yes, and it is only > than ff if there are 0 extensions. when you throw those in, any other browser becomes inconvenient and less useful. although if chrome gets full addon support, it could kick ff's ass.

Seth

MD Party Room
Tenchitsu said:
Has Opera got spell check yet?
It had it way before firefox..