• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Cars, Motorcycles Etc Thread [Anything Auto Related]

Brad

Yoshimi
Alright just a little thread for General talk about Cars, motorcycles or pretty much anything close to them.

I'll start off with me. My family has been in the auto business for a while. With my dad owning a body shop, I have learned on the job to do car body work and painting. Not something I wanna do a for my life's job but a really cool skill none the less.

My Car: 1984 C4 Vett

dscf0003jn5.jpg

dscf0004pf9.jpg

dscf0005kl9.jpg

dscf0006ng1.jpg

Now do we have any motorcycle riders here? Been riding dirt bikes for a good amount of years now and thinking of moving on to getting a street bike. Any recommendations? Thinking of starting out on a Ninja 650/250 2 cylinder to get started.

Post your thoughts, experiences, photo's or whatever relating to cars/bikes ect.
~Preferably of stuff you own.

New Development

Got my bike a few weeks back. Some images plus my new mod and my future ones.
DSCF0212.JPG
DSCF0218.JPG

First I added some frame slider's so just in case I drop it my fairings wont get to messed up. (First street bike)
DSCF0209.JPG

600 of my own miles thus far and getting around 50 MPG. Got it used with 3300 miles. 2006 FZ6

Next Mod
Some CBR1100XX blackbird clip on coming from jolly old England.

Current Bars
DSCF0206.JPG
Their nice for cruising but I wanna get into the turn a bit lower so I got me a pair of clip on's, on the way Gonna raise the fork about a inch and a half and put them on.

Look like this when I'm done
dscf0330eb3.jpg

Brad

Yoshimi
From previous thread

Makes bumping as easy as ABC!

Anyway what's your guys views on Choppers (the bikes)?

Not my kinda ride but maybe when I'm older.

Bossmanuk

Contributor
Here's my car:

n597539032_733560_9869.jpg

2001 Vauxhall Vectra. I've added the spoiler and the alloys myself to get it up to SRI spec. It could have done with a clean though before this pic. Next job: Paint the door handles silver :D

Bossmanuk

Contributor
Well, I like subtle modifications. I'm not some chav boy racer, I've just upped my Vectra to the next level in the Vauxhall spec :D

Brad

Yoshimi
Bossmanuk said:
Well, I like subtle modifications. I'm not some chav boy racer, I've just upped my Vectra to the next level in the Vauxhall spec :D

If your looking for cheap mods that look nice think about night shade.

twelve

I'm not dead
Bossmanuk said:
Subtle mods are always best.

I'm toying with making my Primera up to GT spec (externally). I'm definitely going to source a spoiler from the breakers and I just ordered a GT gear knob, the rest of the GT bodykit I'm not so sure about.

Here it is last week after a 6 hour clean inside and out (just joined the owners club so needed some presentable pics).

1f9e9ca8.jpg

11642053.jpg

3e6b7514.jpg

And my first two mods

Ipod compatible Head Unit (rest of the ICE will follow)

a8bd8050.jpg

Dashboard light replacements

de5f841d.jpg

Upcoming:

K&N 57i induction kit
Smoked lexus rear lights
ICE
GTLE wheels
GT spoiler
GT Bodykit (possibly)

Brad

Yoshimi
My bar to clip conversion

Before

DSCF0206.JPG

After
clips.jpg

I can get into the turns lower now and have more weight on my front tire. This bike can haul so the front feels light allot.

Brad

Yoshimi
Nevada said:
1223917426.jpg

Also, 1990 Celica Alltrac <3

May as well say it again thats a beautiful CBR.

Bossmanuk

Contributor
twelve said:
Subtle mods are always best.

Keeps the insurance down too :D. I'm allowed any mods as long as i don't tweak the engine. Nice going for GT spec, it's pretty much what I've done with mine to SRI spec. I'm a member of the Vectra owners club, never been to a meet though, I don't have 6 hours time to spend cleaning my car.

Would be nice though.

Brad

Yoshimi
Lets see some images of your ride's everyone.

Brad

Yoshimi
gmansixfo said:
Broken down 1991 Toyota Corolla... Nothing to see there.

Allot of them at my school.

Come on all post your rides. I know allot of you drive.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
I still don't have a decent camera so I'll just post an identical car

2007 VW GTI MK5
800px-Volkswagen-GTI-MKV.jpg

Mine is like this one (same rims, metallic black, moonroof, etc.. )

Sullivan

Nice choice for a bike Brad. YAMAHA all the way.

Ill post pictures of my dirt bikes tomorrow.

Brad

Yoshimi
Winter be a coming guys. Already here were I'm at.

Bikes parked for winter and currently cruising around in a 2 wheel drive S10, sliding out gonna be happening. Need to grab some sandbags.