• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout 3

Slasher

Suck It
omg. Combat shotgun + close range headshots = fuckin awesome! The bodies literally explode and it looks sweet.

Just opened a door with 2 ghouls waiting outside. Bam, bam, blood and guts everywhere in slow motion

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Where and when and is it even possible to own a home? I am walking around with a ton of weapons right now an I want to store some of them. I'm afraid to drop them off into some random box or something.

eldiablov

Contributor
I am seriously falling behind. I played for half hour yesterday and discovered that Lucy's family is dead ...

Now I have to find her little brother Ian. I've checked all three locations twice and haven't seen anything. So if I dont see anything soon i'm just going to kill every person in Arefu.

Abe, you get a home after either saving Megaton or destroying it. Nice apartment if you blow it up. Or a nasty little shack in Megaton.

Chathurga

eldiablov said:
I am seriously falling behind. I played for half hour yesterday and discovered that Lucy's family is dead ...

Now I have to find her little brother Ian. I've checked all three locations twice and haven't seen anything. So if I dont see anything soon i'm just going to kill every person in Arefu.

when I tried that mission awhile back it almost drove me crazy but I think they only appear at night and if I had to put money on it I'd say at the cinema.

eldiablov said:
Abe, you get a home after either saving Megaton or destroying it. Nice apartment if you blow it up. Or a nasty little shack in Megaton.

I like my nasty shack, it's cozy. Also the robot gives out purified water and tells good jokes :p

Anyone else find themselves not using stimpacks? I spend about 50% of the game with low health. I always go back to my house to heal even though I have about 70 stimpacks.

eldiablov

Contributor
Chathurga said:
when I tried that mission awhile back it almost drove me crazy but I think they only appear at night and if I had to put money on it I'd say at the cinema.

I like my nasty shack, it's cozy. Also the robot gives out purified water and tells good jokes :p

Anyone else find themselves not using stimpacks? I spend about 50% of the game with low health. I always go back to my house to heal even though I have about 70 stimpacks.

Tried the cinema during the night. Two fucked up mutants nearlly killed me. One had a minigun :p

Btw did you know that theres a guy right outside megaton begging for purified water?

I need a house :(

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
eldiablov said:

Go to the Metro Station just past the other section of broken highway in Arefu. Go to the guy that wants you to bring him Sugar Bombs so he can make that Ultra Jet drug. In the other room in there, there are a few radioactive barrels and right at the base of them is a round sewer drain type entrance. Go in there and look around and you will eventually find the Family.

Slasher

Suck It
Abe Froeman said:
Where and when and is it even possible to own a home? I am walking around with a ton of weapons right now an I want to store some of them. I'm afraid to drop them off into some random box or something.
As said before, either destroy, or save megaton. I chose to save it so I get a shack right near the left entrance of the town. I'm pretty sure you can drop your stuff in any area of the house and it'll stay there. I drop it in the locker right beside the entrance and I'm good to go
eldiablov said:

Ditto. I was doing this quest last night, and searched those three places so I called it a night.
Did you find Marty in the subway station? He mentions a tunnel in the station which leads to where 'the Family' hides out. I followed it and it took me to a ruined train station, I haven't had the time to explore it yet though. I may have taken the wrong route though, I'm not entirely sure lol

Also, do you think they're vampires? Why was there bite marks on the guys neck? I guess I'll soon find out.
Chathurga said:
Really? I find myself using them all of the time. I'm practically scavenging to find them. The first chunk of the game I wasn't using them as often, but now I'm using them always.
eldiablov said:
Btw did you know that theres a guy right outside megaton begging for purified water?
I gave that guy purified water once, and he thanked me, then he asked for more which I didn't have. After I left and came back a while later, he was dead rotting on the ground lol

Chathurga

eldiablov said:
Tried the cinema during the night. Two fucked up mutants nearlly killed me. One had a minigun :p
I've given up on heavy weapons, my skill in it is just too low. I put everything into small weapons and it has paid off, can kill a super mutant with 2 shots to the head with the hunter rifle. Just the basic kind of SM, the others still give me trouble (especially master ones).

eldiablov said:

Yeah, there's a few of the bastards around and all they give you is good karma. I think I'm hitting the limit of how good a dude can be, I don't even try and be good but everything I do is saintly :|

eldiablov said:
I need a house :(
They are useful :D

Where abouts are you? Past Rivet City and the like? I got to the citadel and stopped with the main quest, don't want to progress too fast.

My proudest moment so far was getting both the good and bad rewards for the android mission (let me just say the bad reward is amazing) while still ending up good. Zimmer didn't see it coming :D

Slasher said:
Really? I find myself using them all of the time. I'm practically scavenging to find them. The first chunk of the game I wasn't using them as often, but now I'm using them always.

I'm just afraid of running out of them and then crippling my legs with no quick way to heal them, I hate crippled legs.

eldiablov

Contributor
Yeah I know what you mean about the karma. I saved the game then massacared Arefu. I was still rated as good :/

Anyway, yeah I did find the guy asking for sugar bombs. But I never really heard about the hole and the tunnel, I think i'm gonna go check that out now, thanks guys. I dont know if i've got enough firepower to take out the family though.

I'm really enjoying this game so far though. Did anyone recruit Jericho?

Chath, I dont even know where I am. I just want to make a decision on megaton. But i've ended up as a delivery boy for Lucy :p

There's also a shitload of quests im in the middle of.

Slasher

Suck It
Abe Froeman said:
You don't need to fire one bullet for the Family, they aren't hostile.
Where did you find them???

I really want to play this but I have a shitload of homework to get done. My goal is to get halfway through my poli sci term paper, then play some fallout 3.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Abe Froeman said:
Go to the Metro Station just past the other section of broken highway in Arefu. Go to the guy that wants you to bring him Sugar Bombs so he can make that Ultra Jet drug. In the other room in there, there are a few radioactive barrels and right at the base of them is a round sewer drain type entrance. Go in there and look around and you will eventually find the Family.

Here Slasher.

Slasher

Suck It
Abe Froeman said:
Here Slasher.
Oh, thanks. So are they actually inside of the tunnel, or outside of it when you get to the end?
I swear I explored that entire tunnel without seeing them. Maybe I missed a section

I guess there's always the possibility that they're never in the same place

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
There in the tunnel. If you start from the train yard, go into the left tunnel with all of the train scraps at your back and keep on going down there. You go pretty much straight down that tunnel.

eldiablov

Contributor
I'm so pissed off. I looked for the easy way to the families hideout and couldnt find out. Went and walked through the wasteland to the abandoned train yard and had to go through 3 mutants and 4 raiders.

However, I overshot it and lost my bearings and ended up at a scrapyard in which I found a dog. I have a pet ! :D

Anyway, I completed the Ian quest and i'm extremely pissed at not getting a reward.

And due to Chath's description I ended up saving Megaton.

Now i'm gonna go to the super duper mart :/

Chathurga

Just finished the game and I'm not happy.

The game just ends, you can't go around completing other quests. Make sure you're finished with the game before you go to the last quest.

Slasher

Suck It
Can you restart the game with all your shit?

~

Also, I just finished that Family quest. Man I wanted to go on a rampage and start killing all those fucked up people, but I was low on ammo and health so I talked my way into them defending that town in exchange for blood packs.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I am so addicted to this game for some reason. Just got done with the Galaxy Radio quest and I am rolling through Super Mutants with my Chinese Assault Rifle. Going to go and search out some clues for the android quest next, but I'm done for the day.

I'm already seeing the VATS system when I blink. Tome for a break.