• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Shaving & Haircuts

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
I just shave everything off, i like it smooth. And for the haircut i current have it "V-shaped" and spike it up.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I prefer medium or long length hair on my head and I hate facial hair with a passion it adds like 15 years to my age.

Joey

I don't go clean shaven anymore, because facial hair adds definition to my face...

When ever I go clean shaven, it looks like I don't have a chin... My face is just too round.

Tsunaii

eMummeh
i bleach my minimal facial hair, thought you kids would find that amusing.

Tsunaii

eMummeh
im no hairy mary though, i just have high testosterone levels for a woman. and i am intolerant to estrogen lol. what a fucked up chick. lol

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
BubbleSquishy said:
im no hairy mary though, i just have high testosterone levels for a woman. and i am intolerant to estrogen lol. what a fucked up chick. lol

Daym...lol

RyanTheHero

Damn I just joined that no shave november 2008 group on facebook. I'm going to look like such an immigrant/terrorist. (...I'm brown)

Bran

Yell
RyanTheHero said:
Damn I just joined that no shave november 2008 group on facebook. I'm going to look like such an immigrant/terrorist. (...I'm brown)
lol, awesome. Go scare some yuppies for me.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
this reminds me of the south park episode where cartman tapes pubes to his face and then he murders that kid's parents.

.A.J.

Mr. Beefy said:
this reminds me of the south park episode where cartman tapes pubes to his face and then he murders that kid's parents.

That's one of my favorite episodes.

Anyhow, on topic;

What types of styles do you try?
I've had them all. Everything from an average medium short hair cut to long hair. For a while I had long hair on top with the sides shaved underneath for cooling purposes (it's hot in south FL) I had a great hook up with this chick (fine) and her salon partner who was a gay dude that had a crush on me. Basically the deal was they could do whatever the hell they wanted to my hair (anything but color it) so long as I could also have it look at least semi-normal for work. I got some pretty funky haircuts out of that but they always looked good, and I never had to pay for any of them. I miss those days except for their affinity for styling products.

Do you shave 'er all off?
Yes. This is my current solution to hair. My head is either clean shaved or trimmed with no guard.

Any horrible shaving stories?
Other than having to start shaving at age 15, no. I had a full beard by 16 years old.

What kind of razers do you use? Cheap, or luxurious?
Usually cheap store brand razors. As thick as my hair is the expensive ones are nice but too costly.

Cut yourself often?
No, I rarely cut myself because I've had ample time to practice.

Something to contribute?
Believe it or not, I often (including today) shave around my beard dry (no soap or water) and I never use shaving cream. Shaving cream is a waste of money, for me. My skin is fine without it. I don't break out or anything from soap and water or dry shaving. If I'm only shaving to clean up around my neck before work, then I just use a new razor and forgo soap and water. If I'm shaving for a date or an event of some sort that I want a nicer, closer shave for, or if it's been more than a day since my last shave, then I use soap and water. Odd, I guess, but It's worked fine for me.

I've never shaved my legs (except for a small portion for knee surgery that the doctor shaved), but I have friends that do and I couldn't care less about it.

I have shaved the genitals (by request) in the past, but these days a regular trimming is it.

Besides a razor, what do you use to shave?

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
I need to find a good shaving cream :(

All the ones I have gotten, have made me break out. Even the ones that said sensitive skin. So for now, all I have used is hot water.

twelve

I'm not dead
Greyone said:
All the ones I have gotten, have made me break out. Even the ones that said sensitive skin. So for now, all I have used is hot water.
Doesn't that irritate your skin more?

Shaving with just water makes my skin crawl.

I tend to use Shaving oil with gel on top. It gets a really close finish because with the oil and gel combined I can go against the grain without ripping my face to shreds.