• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

xploda

hey x3sphere, thanks for your nice guide :), i followed every step right, but all i get in the end is "not existing or invalid dxar file update" whats wrong? :/ i have the data.dxar file in my 340oepdmaker folder thingy

Roe

hey x3sphere, thanks for your nice guide :), i followed every step right, but all i get in the end is "not existing or invalid dxar file update" whats wrong? :/ i have the data.dxar file in my 340oepdmaker folder thingy
You have to put the generated dxar into the 340oeflasher folder then it should work

tinhcoabc

help me

after update 3.40OE , and after play game ... about 5 days, it appear one error .
when i hold R and turn on PSP to enter recovery mode , i choice configuration and after my PSP is notresponding , the moniter is green background and turn off 10s later.

hix , regard

Yahoo tinhcoabc

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
help me

after update 3.40OE , and after play game ... about 5 days, it appear one error .
when i hold R and turn on PSP to enter recovery mode , i choice configuration and after my PSP is notresponding , the moniter is green background and turn off 10s later.

hix , regard

Yahoo tinhcoabc

Download the flash1 formatter and run it via recovery (be sure to follow the install steps in the readme):

http://forums.exophase.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=308&d=1177891705

tithin

you've tried disabling plain modules also right (its found in recovery)?

if that doesn't work.. it's either down to a corrupt iso or slow ms. I've helped some people before here, a few games would not work on their memory stick no matter what, but then they tried them on a different ms and they worked (wasn't even a fake ms either).

now there is a memory stick brand called Lexar which is even slower than the Sony ones, and fails on loading some OE plugins like Cwcheat. Because of this I think memory stick speed is a huge factor in getting games to work. Sandisk memory sticks are the fastest, and I haven't had troubles with any game so far.
Hmm weird, I initially had no umd disabled, I enabled it, it kept doing the black screen, I disabled it and it started working again X.x Rock on \m/ thanks for your help x3sphere. I'm not sure if you're someone who's been making homebrew or whatever in the community, but if you're ever in my neck of the woods, first rounds on me.

Taruther

Heya, i am new to this and have no clue what to do. I start by renaming GAME to GAME150 folder since i only got GAME folder. But when i do that the only message i get when trying to acces memory stick is "there are no games" i tried to make a GAME150 folder but same story,"There are no games" so i put it in GAME, then i exit usb mode and start the update maker. the psp logo comes up...then it just turns itself off. am i doing something wrong..:confused1:

System sofware is 2.60, is that correct?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Heya, i am new to this and have no clue what to do. I start by renaming GAME to GAME150 folder since i only got GAME folder. But when i do that the only message i get when trying to acces memory stick is "there are no games" i tried to make a GAME150 folder but same story,"There are no games" so i put it in GAME, then i exit usb mode and start the update maker. the psp logo comes up...then it just turns itself off. am i doing something wrong..:confused1:

System sofware is 2.60, is that correct?

You need to be on 1.5 or any previous OE revision to install 3.40 OE-A.

So what you need to do is upgrade to 2.71, which can be done by downloading the update here. Save the file as "EBOOT.PBP" and place it in X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE. Then navigate to the game folder on your PSP and start the update.

Once on 2.71, follow the downgrade here:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=563

After that's done, then you can install 3.40 OE-A :smile:

Taruther

It seems like i have installed it, system information is System software 3.40 OE-A. Now...how i get ps1 games into it o_O any specific website with info on geting psp/ps1 games into PSP? and what emo sofware recommended with?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
It seems like i have installed it, system information is System software 3.40 OE-A. Now...how i get ps1 games into it o_O any specific website with info on geting psp/ps1 games into PSP? and what emo sofware recommended with?

hehehe,emo software.... XD

sorry,just found that funny.
anyways,theres info on this site about converting playstation games,using the search function would be a good idea :)

and just had a thought....you probally meant emu software as in playstation emulation....well,the playstation is emulated within the firmware so it's built in. :)

Taruther

:w00t: Yeh Emu not Emo ^^ sry Emo my friend was spamming that so much in war3 it got stuck in my head :biggrin:

IpodMaster44

Oh how annoyed am i

Hi i just got my 1.5 psp today but as it turns out I need firmware 2.0 to run the demo disk i dont want to upgrade because me and my dad are putting 3.40OE on tonight but he might not be back till 6PM and i have got to go rowing and 6.15. HOW SAD! He says i cant upgrade incase i brick my psp. oh well. theres always tomorow...:sad: :sad: :sad:

compact105

Hey im new to custom firmwares and was wondering if you can change anything like the icons and the XMB Wave in 3.40 OE-A as I know you can't change the icons in 3.10OE.

I plan to change the icons, XMB wave, font and well thats it at the moment, so my first question is, can i change all these in 3.40OE-A?

Also how do i install game boots. I heard you have to do something with flashing. Is this needed in 3.40OE-A?

Thanks alot

Counterfeit

anyone get to work daxter game on 3.40oe? it always give's me 8002013c (can't start) I tried no-umd and stuff... what can it possibly be? And btw in sleep mode psp often freeze..

IpodMaster44

Too Big! Help me someone!

Hi everyone, i got my 1.5 psp upgraded to 3.40-OE and everything and it rocks! its annoying me still though because Ridge Racers 2 (on my memory stick and playing great by the way) is 1.4GB!!!!!!!!! is it possible to compress the game file so i can have another game on my 2gb memory stick?

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

Roe

Hi everyone, i got my 1.5 psp upgraded to 3.40-OE and everything and it rocks! its annoying me still though because Ridge Racers 2 (on my memory stick and playing great by the way) is 1.4GB!!!!!!!!! is it possible to compress the game file so i can have another game on my 2gb memory stick?

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
Yes use something like umdgen to compress it to .cso then it will make it smaller. It might not be that much smaller but it's still pretty good