• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

My gaming blog

kaioshade

Duality
I like the theme.

Resize that picture properly though.

eighty4

I was honestly expecting to come in here saying how much I hate it and hope you just give up :)P), but it looks pretty awesome for what it is.

Whisper

Logic :(
That actually doesn't look half bad... are you going to do video reviews?

Colm

Yeah, I must admit that for a small gaming blog, it looks pretty good.
And it's Blu-Ray.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Thanks guys.

The theme isn't done by me, it's called 'Dusk.' Found it on the theming section of WordPress as well.

Oops, I hate when I make typos.

I'm still considering exactly what I'll be doing. The problem is that I'm using WP for free, so that means I can't upload my own video/audio files unfortunately...

If I could find somewhere to host my blog, that would be pretty cool. I had been using 000webhost for a little while, but I didn't like it too much because they only allowed me to install a version of WP that worked for them, and it was their special auto-install as well. It was an earlier version as well which made it quite a pain.

I thought the image resize was ok, I guess not but the problem was that I couldn't have it at full resolution because my site's theme doesn't have a larger width. It seems ok to me though.

But thanks again. I should start writing some more soon, possibly in a little while if school work doesn't give me an issue.

Add it to an RSS feed if you guys want ;)

kaioshade

Duality
I guess what i meant with the resizing was instead of having the html resize a huge image, actually go and resize it to that dimension yourself, THEN post it. Will reduce the filesize dramatically.

Most broadband shouldnt have a problem when when your page has tons of those images your page is going to take ages to load, and most people are not very patient when it comes to page loading speed.

Seth

MD Party Room
Added to my bookmarks

spike021

Vanden said:
Added to my bookmarks

Thanks for the support. :tup:

kaioshade said:
I guess what i meant with the resizing was instead of having the html resize a huge image, actually go and resize it to that dimension yourself, THEN post it. Will reduce the filesize dramatically.

Most broadband shouldnt have a problem when when your page has tons of those images your page is going to take ages to load, and most people are not very patient when it comes to page loading speed.

Oohhh. Ok. Now I understand what you were saying. I noticed the speed issues as well; I'll be taking care of it right away.

spike021

EDIT: Just got a new site set up: http://spikedgamingnewsnetwork.site50.net/wordpress/

I couldn't get the other one's theme to work, but that's not too big an issue to me. This will allow me to utilize a lot more space which will be helpful. ;)

Let me know what you think.

------

I need your guys' help...

I decided to take your advice and created a different site, but I don't know if it will work as well as the original... Argh, I'm in a bit of a fix and I'm trying to figure out which one to use.

Any help deciding would be great.