• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Let's talk about your favorite music albums.

_Seven

Jazz One - Sublime Vols. 1-5 is the best thing that's happened to me this week.
Best Jazz-Hop compilation in this world.

Scorned

_Seven said:

Is it pure Jazz or...?

If so, i have to take a look :D

Riorio99

Take the Sex Pistols out of my earlier list and replace it with any of the first 8 Rush Albums, probably 2112 or Moving Pictures.

Joey

Noriyuke said:
Sorry guys, the few of you that brought up Sage Francis, i listened to Human the death Dance and i couldnt stand it. Its too.... out there? I dont know.
They're called metaphors...

Trust me, I've been listening to his music for 5+ years, and there's lines in his songs that I'm getting just now. Dude's shit is cryptic as fuck.

soha

AdamK & Soha - Long Distance
AdamK & Soha - Twighlight
Its beautiful music. I highly recommend them.

Noriyuke

_Seven said:

im going to take a look at these, if their the best thing that have happened to you.

Noriyuke

Joey said:
They're called metaphors...

Trust me, I've been listening to his music for 5+ years, and there's lines in his songs that I'm getting just now. Dude's shit is cryptic as fuck.

So your telling me i should give it another shot? or just telling me hes so fucking cryptic even if i listen for 5 years ill still be confused?

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Still Life by Opeth. One of the most emotionally driven, well written, and well crafted albums ever. Such a beautiful and sad album. These guys are the most underrated band in the world. I'm dead serious.

Deja Entendu by Brand New. Alt-pop-punk at it's best. The Quiet Things No One Ever Knows is constantly playing in my head.

The Score by The Fugees: How the fuck have I ignored this album for so long? I just got it 2 months ago. Love everything about it. Now if only Wyclef wasn't such a sell-out now( with his music, he seems like a chill dude in his interviews ).

Hot Fuss by The Killers: There new album is a cheap imitation of this. Brandon Flowers has lost his originality. I used to think that judging by singles that this shit was just bullshit pop. But after looking at some live footage and listening to the entire album, I can easily say, NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER( except Bring Me The Horizon...Oli Sykes is a cunt)

Joey

Noriyuke said:
So your telling me i should give it another shot? or just telling me hes so fucking cryptic even if i listen for 5 years ill still be confused?
I'm saying you should give it a chance to let it grow on you. His music is definitely not something that's going to jump out and grab you on the first listen...

Of course, I've always found that my favorite albums are albums I've hated on first listen.

I hated In Rainbows and Ok Computer the first time I heard them, and now they're two of my favorite albums.

I hated Protest the Hero at first, and now I listen to their shit practically every day.

That's why I always give artists multiple chances. Probably 90% of the artists I love, I hated the first time I heard them.

TheMysteriousThug

An Annoying Motherfucker
Stuff I've been listening to for the past few days:

Morbid Angel - Covenant
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
Tool - AEnima
You, Me, and Everyone We Know - So Young, So Insane EP
Ink & Dagger - The Fine Art of Original Sin
Fall Out Boy - Folie a Deux

I have eclectic tastes in music I know.

Joey

I just got Yael Naim's self titled album... Shit is incredible. Half of the album is in Hebrew or French, but it's still a great listen...

Q-Tip's new album "The Renaissance" is also quite good. I can't believe I didn't get into Q-Tip or A Tribe Called Quest a long time ago... I think I listened to Midnight Marauders once, and liked it, but just never listened to it again. I think I'll be hunting down the ATCQ catalog tonight.