• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

conspiracy or truth?

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
So your saying, its correct to generalise a group of people, because one moron thinks its correct to kill people?

Would you call all americans rapists, if a group of americans raped people?

I understand what your saying about the adjective. But i dont believe its correct to associate a religion, with nutcases. They are not religious, they do not abide by the religion and they are condemned by that religion.

Simply using the adjective to describe them does not generalize their religion.

FreePlay

... in other words, just because I call the "God Hates Fags" guy a Christian asshole, it doesn't mean all Christians are assholes.

It's the faith he professes. It really doesn't matter how you define it. Saying "No real member of Group X would do Thing Y" is something called the No True Scotsman fallacy, and it's the same thing Christians use to justify saying that no true Christian would believe evolution or approve of homosexuality. Basically, it means you can't define someone as not being a member of your group just because his beliefs differ.

As a side note, Christianity and Islam are not explicitly against killing in every instance. There are times when the Koran and the Bible justify it.

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
Can you tell me where?

in islam you still follow the 10 commandments right?

the one that says "you shalt not kill" actually translates to "you shalt not murder". the ancient jews fought many wars that were justified in defense of their holy land and people.

Moose

Meta Moose
It would seem that I've read more of your holy text than you.

Don't jump to such conclusions. I think he is merely questioning the fact that what you stated may in fact be wrong. Do you have evidence to back up your claims?

Slasher

Suck It

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Those are all seem to be God/Allah killing things. I didn't see anything about justifying a person killing others

But if you have your God killing things in your holy text then couldn't you assume that it is righteous to do the same thing?

Slasher

Suck It
But if you have your God killing things in your holy text then couldn't you assume that it is righteous to do the same thing?

You could look at it that way if you wanted to. Or you could perceive it differently. It doesn't necessarily mean that you're justified to kill people.

I'm sure it's justified in there somewhere in some type of situation, it wouldn't surprise me. I just haven't seen it for myself yet.

This thread has totally derailed from the point lol