• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How I bricked my [XBOX]

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Hey guys. I let my friend borrow my original Xbox for the past 6 months and decided to take it back a few days ago to mod it and rock out some Goldeneye. I did the hotswap and installed UnleashX and everything went nice and dandy. I enjoyed 1.5 days of awesome Xbox homebrew and then my UnleashX dash started to give me problems when I installed custom music on it. So I formatted my drive and tried to reinstall it but got an error.

Being new to the Xbox scene I made a recovery boot cd and unlocked the dvd drive (no backup of eeprom). Now my Xbox wouldn't even autoboot a cd.

So always backup you're eeprom if you mod an Xbox.

I found a guy on kijiji who is selling an xbox without cables for super cheap so hopefully he will get back to me.

Noriyuke

what the hell is kijiji? and thanks for the heads up, i never backed up the eeprom of the battery for the psp when i made a pandora's battery and now i have a permanent pandoras battery

Access_Denied

what the hell is kijiji? and thanks for the heads up, i never backed up the eeprom of the battery for the psp when i made a pandora's battery and now i have a permanent pandoras battery

:rolleyes: You don't need to have backed it up. Flash it with any serial number. Most Pandora applications flash with with 0x12345678.

Colm

My Pandoras doesn't charge and is permanently stuck at 1%. flashing 0x12345678 caused it.

Access_Denied

My Pandoras doesn't charge and is permanently stuck at 1%. flashing 0x12345678 caused it.

I highly doubt flashing it to that serial number caused it. I have about 6 batteries to back that statement up, and about 1000 other users that would agree with me.

Access_Denied

ok, i have CFW 5.00 point me in the direction of a pandoras battery flasher app so i can attempt to flash it back to normal

The last one I used was Hellcat's. But that might now work for 5.00. The code is real simple though. I'm sure somebody who has an environment setup could compile one for 5.00 in a few minutes. I'll see if I can find the code.

twelve

I'm not dead
If you wish to discuss problems with your Pandora batteries please make a seperate thread rather than hijacking this one.

Noriyuke

Sorry! My B!

Anyway, So yeah the bricked Xbox thing sucks bro, ill buy it off ya if ya want, but no way in hell im paying more than 10 bucks for it including shipping.