• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Credit Cards and Finances and Banks

Seth

MD Party Room
For us older members here I thought be kind nice to see how well we manger our finances and our credit scores and the Banks we use....As well as the types our cards we got...

I myself have 2 Credit Cards...

Chase Flexible RewardsSM Platinum Visa Features:
flexrew-lg_new.jpg

* 0% Intro APR*
* No Annual Fee
* Travel: Earn airline tickets, hotel stays or car rentals
* Cash: Redeem 3,500 points and receive a $25 check
* You can also earn merchandise and gift cards
Credit Card Rewards | Visa Rewards | Rewards Credit Cards | Rewards Cards | Credit Rewards
I use this mainly cus it linked to my bank account.SO anything I spend is taken out of my bank account. So it very easy to mange and not over spend.It also the only card under my name...

I also got some kind of very cool looking Home Depot Mastercard for when I have to buy stuff for the family and that under my dads name.

My bank is Chase, I very happy with them so far....

I might be temp to get a PlayStation Visa card.Tho the only real benefit is that you get a nice price tag of the ps3 but since iH have a ps3 that kind pointless...PLus it is by far the best "gamers card"

ps3_sonycard_banner.jpg

Sullivan

it would be kind of nice to have a playstation visa as my first credit card...

Hellcat

Contributor
I have a "WireCard" debit card ("prepaid creditcard") - only applied for it 'cause I needed one for the PSN store and I got pretty happy with it, I must say :) Using it a lot now.

I would LOVE that PlayStation CredCard, but AFAIK it's a US only thing, isn't it?
/me << germany....

Seth

MD Party Room
I think yea...

Btw you can psn card near anyware now...I even saw them at 7 eleven..

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I think yea...

Btw you can psn card near anyware now...I even saw them at 7 eleven..
Still not in Canada :rolleyes:

I just got my first credit card recently, but I'm only using it for internet purchases (ie Paypal, PSN and Live). I use my debit card everywhere else.

Slasher

Suck It
I haven't bothered getting a credit card yet. I use my debit card wherever I make purchases and that takes money right out of my bank

I'm with Scotia Bank btw, which is where I'll probably end up getting my first credit card as well

Colm

Here in Ireland we get 3v Prepaid Visas which are brilliant. You can top them up like a phone card and they'll pass as a Visa credit card when you use them online.

birdman

my debit card doubles as a credit card, that takes everything out of my bank.
im kinda scared to get a real credit card, with all the temptation that comes with it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
None of you kids should be messing around with credit cards yet. If you ruin your credit because you are careless, you will be effed for many years to come.

If you are sensible and have a job, it might not be a bad idea to get one just to establish some credit. Use it for a small purchase, and pay your bill on time each month until it's at a zero balance and then repeat it.

But I wouldn't recommend any of you getting one if you aren't steadily employed.