• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

New Years Resolutions

Slasher

Suck It
Give Maid of The Mist tours. :p

naaaah, not my kind of thing lol

I was thinking maybe going back to a grocery store again since there's one near the university. I have 2 years of meat dept at another grocery store under my belt, plus ~3 months of working at a bank, so I'm sure they'd hire me

This summer im planning on applying to a moving company though. My dad knows a guy who has a business

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
to get all A's

I have been trying to do this since elementary, but something always seems to happen(get sick, get badly injured, internet goes out, etc.). But this semester I can feel that I will get all A's.

twelve

I'm not dead
My new years resolution would be... to limit my spending habits.

That sounds like the best idea for me, provided I stay playing WoW it wont be too hard either.

Anyway... I bite my nails, I smoke and I drink. All of those things however are things that if I wanted to change I would.

I did quit smoking for almost 6 months, I didn't like the person I became so I went back on them.
I don't drink a lot so it's not really worth thinking about.
Biting my nails keeps me awake at work and gives me something to do in uncomfortable situations (such as waiting for 2moro to find out if I'm being made redundant, transferred to IBM or transferred to T-Systems).

Whisper

Logic :(
Find a healthy and equally satisfying alternative to fast food. It is pretty much what students live off of.

twelve

I'm not dead
What changed, if you don't mind me asking?
I was grumpy and argumentative over every little thing. And my road rage was a out of control, I was like the Hulk behind the steering wheel.

Maybe I have anger issues but smoking seems to keep them under control. lol

Seth

MD Party Room
Find a healthy and equally satisfying alternative to fast food. It is pretty much what students live off of.

Welcome to Google Docs

A good deli sandwich is a satisfying alternative to fast food. Whole wheat or rye bread with your choice of meat, cheese and veggies offer a healthy and tasty alternative to grease laden fried burgers and fries.

I found that power point helpful...

I lived on a mini diet for a year or so..

2-3 boiled eggs
School Lunch-Lean turkey on a wheat sub and maybe some kind of,Apple,banana
After school one more Lean turkey on a wheat sub and maybe some kind of Apple,banana
Lunch or Dinner. Some type of Chicken(baked) Meat, Soup(fresh not from a can) Sa
Maybe some chex,froot loops,Honey Nut Cheerios with 2% milk if I like more food.

Stop eating before 7 Pm.

One day a week you may drink one can of pop and eat food but keep below 2000 cals

and drink about a bottle of watter with each meal...I lost a max 5 pounds every week.

I get the turkey from sams club it a great deal it like 6 bucks for a good week of turkey.

Some good places to eat out are Carino,.Panera or your needs..

Slasher

Suck It
The past few weeks I've been literally 'counting my calories'. It seems like a chore at first, but it's really not a big deal. With everything I eat, I record it in a text file for the current day. I try to limit each day to 2000 calories (but obviously aim for less) which allows for 14 000 calories per week. At the end of the week, I then tally everything up. So if I've eaten a total of 11 350 calories, then I put "Week ending December 14th = (11350-14000= -2560)", and so I know that for that week I've saved a potential 2560 calories. After doing this for only 3 weeks, I've lost the 5 pounds that I've put on since the beginning of the school year :D Also, while doing this, I've been eating pretty much whatever I want so long as it stays under that calorie limit.

Seth

MD Party Room
The past few weeks I've been literally 'counting my calories'. It seems like a chore at first, but it's really not a big deal. With everything I eat, I record it in a text file for the current day. I try to limit each day to 2000 calories (but obviously aim for less) which allows for 14 000 calories per week. At the end of the week, I then tally everything up. So if I've eaten a total of 11 350 calories, then I put "Week ending December 14th = (11350-14000= -2560)", and so I know that for that week I've saved a potential 2560 calories. After doing this for only 3 weeks, I've lost the 5 pounds that I've put on since the beginning of the school year :D
Did you go to the gym at any time threw this you could have doubled it..
Yea you be shocked how hard this is when most fast fod means range from 300-1500 cals without the sides of fries and pop. IT also extremely hard to count the cals when you your mom makes you home made meals that dont come from a box.

Slasher

Suck It
I know what you mean. It's tough at first eating less than usual, but after a bit you just get used to it. If you absolutely have to get fast food then try to get just the burger, and a water. This can easily set you at 400ish calories for the meal. Or like you said, try to go for something else like a regular deli sandwhich.

Dan

Contributor
Bump.

To 'pull my finger out' and get some work done at/for school. And I never managed to put on weight :(

Post 800!