• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Christmas Traditions/stories

Gutya

To be honest Christmas day will be pretty boring for me. My step brothers are at their Dad's for Christmas this year so it'll just be me, my sister and parents. I'm more looking forward to the parties etc. surrounding Christmas.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Christmas eve: Open 1 present.

Christmas: Open all presents, Christmas dinner (sometimes with lots of family. not sure about this year.) , play with whatever I got.

Boxing Day: Load up my Touch and PSP with lots of games for the long drive to my dads in the next Provence over. Christmas at my dads house and guilt trips for not moving with him.

Whisper

Logic :(
I'll take pics of my christmas set up when I get the chance.

twelve

I'm not dead
For some reason I don't really get into the christmas spirit. Lets analyse and see if we can work out why:

Christmas Eve - night shift
Christmas Day - sleep after the night shift followed by another night shift
Boxing Day - sleep after the night shift

So yeah. Sleeping and working. They're just any old days to me.

Whisper

Logic :(
For some reason I don't really get into the christmas spirit. Lets analyse and see if we can work out why:

You don't spend any time with family or friends celebrating before or after Christmas?

twelve

I'm not dead
You don't spend any time with family or friends celebrating before or after Christmas?
I live at home so I'll see them on Giftmasday and have Giftmas dinner with them but it's really nothing special to me.

To me the best thing about the holiday period is that everyone else is off work so the roads are clear for me.

Seth

MD Party Room

What boxing day?

I also find it odd that you need someone to maintain severs on Christmas...

Slasher

Suck It
Boxing Day is the day that comes after Christmas day. It's not celebrated in the United States, though.

Wow no way, I had no idea the US didn't celebrate it. I guess I learn something new every day.
To the Americans: It's pretty much the equivalent of Black Friday in Canada at least (since there is no black friday in Canada), I'm not sure how it is in the UK though. There's tons of really good deals.

twelve

I'm not dead
Wow no way, I had no idea the US didn't celebrate it. I guess I learn something new every day.
To the Americans: It's pretty much the equivalent of Black Friday in Canada at least (since there is no black friday in Canada), I'm not sure how it is in the UK though. There's tons of really good deals.
It's usually the first day of January sales in the UK. The January sales are nothing to get excited about though. They're nothing like the black friday sales.

Shops aren't under any obligation to open on boxing day so a lot of them don't.

It's usually pretty mad in town tho on boxing day as people are all going in to exchange their gifts for something they actually want (such is the ungrateful time we live in).

I also find it odd that you need someone to maintain severs on Christmas...
If we could control when servers crash then we would.

Seth

MD Party Room
I think a few of our chain stores have nice sales after Christmas day..Tho it nothing like black Friday.It still beats the hell out of our weekly sales..