• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

-chw42-

Like a Boss

Robby

Los Doyers!
Sullivan: Ever find out how to run MAC OS X in Windows?

I was thinking maybe downloading vmware and a leopard image and trying to use xcode on that.

Sullivan

Hellcat

Contributor
Sullivan: Ever find out how to run MAC OS X in Windows?

I was thinking maybe downloading vmware and a leopard image and trying to use xcode on that.
I had Leo running successfully in VMWare some time ago. It's a bit tricky, but it works. (I had it on 10.5.2, IIRC).

The key thing is that you have a HDD image that already had the install DVD copied all the files on to it (i.e. in the state right after the reboot, before booting the first time from HDD and setting initial settings).
From there you can configure OSX and run the updates (again, a bit tricky, but managable).

Slasher

Suck It
The amount of different variations of ipods is absolutely ridiculous, there has to be at least 10 seperate Nanos as well as other numerous and often useless variations. This "big screen" bullshit doesn't surprise me. God, I hate apple lol

Vee

I can see a iPhone nano coming out and being successful. As long as its Pay as you go and its under

Sullivan

My touch seems small in mine. iPhone nano would be uber.

Sullivan

Eww, I couldn't see them coming out with a device called iTablet lol.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
^I bet the druggies who are hooked on prescription drugs are gonna love it though.

I got a mic at Target for $9.99 today. I can finally use Shazam and talk using Palringo. :)

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
I wouldn't use vmware for developing, it was way too slow, and some things require some tinkering to work(usb for example), I am running a pentium 4 though. I would suggest running osx86, its a lot faster than vmware in my experience.

Hellcat

Contributor
Greyone is pretty much right on that.
In VMWare it's awsomely slow, but OK for a quick check if one would like to work with it.

For really using it, OSX86 - or even a real Mac - would be the way to go - I am currently saving some $$$ for the later ;)

Sullivan

Ehh, Hellcat, just get the osx86, don't waste the money on an over priced pc.