• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Avi to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noriyuke

Ok, this isnt one of those, how do i do the above? This is a bit more complicated.

Ok, From BG info, I usually copy a bunch of movies to dvd for my parents and a few others, i like being able to brag that i can usually put 2 full length movies on one DVD. Which i can, until lately ive been stuck with having to burn very long movies on one DVD. Which for some reason ConvertXtoDVD cant fit on one DVD5.

Now the Question,

Im trying to Fit, Dark Knight, and Seven Pounds on one DVD using ConvertXtoDVD seems to be useless at this point in time. So what can i use than might possibly reduce quality or something to scrape that 2.2GB of Extra Data scrubbed off to fit this on a DVD5?

Anyone?

Adiuvo

You could run the AVI files through Virtual Dub and reduce the bitrate. But honestly you should just use two DVDs. What's the point of watching a movie if it looks like crap?

Noriyuke

Thats exactly what im asking, maybe i didnt word it right? I want to get those 2 movies on there by any means, like the dvd is gonna be played on a 13inch tv anyway.

As for the looking like crap comment, eh i dont really care, its for someone, but i guess to keep him as a customer im going to have to use more dvd's.

Grr....

TacticalPenguin

when a movie is burned to dvd, its decompressed a lot. lowering the bitrate etc of the original file you convert and burn won't do much if anything at all. use another disc.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
To keep him as a customer? You're charging for this?

This is exactly what you should not be doing, selling copyrighted material. As a result I am now closing this thread, not because it is against our policies but because it is for your own good...seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.