• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ISO issues

ayrek

Greetings friends, hackers, pirates, etc. I'm new here, so be nice.

So, I've been playing ISO and CSO games for 7 months now, on my God of War PSP Slim. Recently, however, it stopped recognizing the ISO games on my memory stick. Does anyone know what might cause this? CSO images still work fine.

I'm currently on CFW 5.00 M33-4.

Slasher

Suck It
Have you tried backing up your memstick and formatting it? It could be corrupted

ayrek

I haven't, no. I didn't really think of it, since I've had no issues with anything else, but it's certainly worth a try. Hm, we'll see what happens..

EDIT: I formatted the stick and copied everything back over, and still have the issue.

Slasher

Suck It
Did it stop working after updating? That's really odd because it should still be working fine.

You might want to try reinstalling your CFW, there's known to be random problems that can be solved by doing that

eighty4

Can you press Select in the XMB and read off what it says under UMD Settings or something like that?

ayrek

I don't recall exactly when it stopped. I had another ISO a bit back that did this, and I thought it an isolated incident- a bad download maybe. Now it's come up again, and trying some other files, I've deduced it's a problem with ISOs only.

Uhm.. how exactly would I go about reinstalling it? It simply tells me it's already installed.

As for the VSH menu, I use the M33 driver, but I've tried all four settings.

ayrek

I have the Datel TOOL battery converter thing, it's what I used to put CFW on it the first time around. Will that not do the job with DC8? It's been quite a while since I did anything as in-depth as this, I don't know what I've missed.

Either way, its just going to change the EEPROM of the battery, right?

Also, I tried formatting Flash1. That didn't work either.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
I have the Datel TOOL battery converter thing, it's what I used to put CFW on it the first time around. Will that not do the job with DC8? It's been quite a while since I did anything as in-depth as this, I don't know what I've missed.

Either way, its just going to change the EEPROM of the battery, right?

Also, I tried formatting Flash1. That didn't work either.

sounds a lil complex for you try using hellcats recovery flasher instead. theres instructions in ther readme.

ayrek

Alright, HellCat's Recovery Flasher was ran, and to make sure it wasn't a CFW problem, I installed 4.01 M33-2. My ISOs still won't run, however. So I'm pretty sure that's not why. Haha.

Thanks for the help so far, by the way. I really appreciate it. Any other ideas? I'm completely stumped on this one.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
question how long you had your pro dou or whatever you use save games?
It might be an fake, random guess here.
I rember reading long time ago fake pro dou can last long time but they stop working at some point.

ayrek

I've had it for a while (7 months or so) and I've checked a couple times- it's Sony brand, you can't see the tracings on the underside, etc.

Adiuvo

Have you done the Magicgate test? Press triangle when over the memory stick icon in the XMB, then click information. If it says under Magicgate Support 'unknown' or something to that effect, then it's probably fake and the cause of your issues.

ayrek

"MagicGate supported"

This is starting to frustrate me, I don't see any reason why this would have happened.

By the way, looking at the dates on some files I have saved, I must have updated to 5.00 M33-3 at the end of October, and to M33-4 today; that means I must have had this issue with the previous iteration of this firmware also.

Adiuvo

I don't really have any clue at this point =/

You have tried downloading some new ISOs and seeing if they run, right? Are you also putting everything directly in the ISO folder?

Slasher

Suck It
Try renaming your ISO's to just generic names (try "game.iso"), as well as obviously making sure you're putting them in the ms0:/ISO/ folder

ayrek

O.O
Slasher, you rock. Apparently all it took was a simpler name. I never expected that, considering the name was already simpler than my CSO file names!
Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you.