• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Itunes now DRM Free!

Chathurga

They've solved one of theirs problems now at least. Really I won't touch iTunes until they get better archive options available. Not because I can hear the difference in the sound but rather if a better codec comes out and your stuck with your 128 AAC that can't convert to anything without another drop in quality.
They made ALAC, sell it.

Seth

MD Party Room
Wait people still download music..legally?

Yea.....Outside of geeks and poor college students...Teen pop girls with daddy card are buying tons of it...

Also some songs you can only get via Itunes....

Vee

Yea.....Outside of geeks and poor college students...Teen pop girls with daddy card are buying tons of it...

Like..?

Surely any of those songs can be downloaded, DRM ripped and uploaded? Like loads of albums have? *points at iTunes exclusive tracks/albums*

Adiuvo

Just about everyone at my school downloads their music illegally through Limewire. Most of them aren't geeks.

The ones that do buy seem to buy more songs than people download though. My neighbor for example has around 2,500 songs on his computer from iTunes, mostly from albums. That's an absurd amount of money, but he says he likes supporting the artists.

Joey

You must pirate music, that makes you so cool.

I also pirate music, but that's only because I don't agree with the prices.

I've said it before, but if you ask me, an MP3 album should be no more than $5, ever. If I'm going to spend $10 for an album, I want a physical copy.

I have no problem paying for my media. I mean, I own more games now than I ever have.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
I also pirate music, but that's only because I don't agree with the prices.

I've said it before, but if you ask me, an MP3 album should be no more than $5, ever. If I'm going to spend $10 for an album, I want a physical copy.

I have no problem paying for my media. I mean, I own more games now than I ever have.

Oh yea, same with me, but I don't go around pretending I'm so much better than people who pay for music.

I completely agree, the prices are outrageous for not even being able to have the physical thing, and having it in much worse quality. Although I did buy an album off iTunes one time, they included a digital booklet and music video and some demos not in stores, which I thought was a decent deal for 12.99.

Joey

Oh yea, same with me, but I don't go around pretending I'm so much better than people who pay for music.

I completely agree, the prices are outrageous for not even being able to have the physical thing, and having it in much worse quality. Although I did buy an album off iTunes one time, they included a digital booklet and music video and some demos not in stores, which I thought was a decent deal for 12.99.

12.99 for files is never good enough for me... It just aint...