• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Just got my Dreamcast up and running!

Serideth

Been a while since I played it, but I bought a new one about a year ago and never set it up as I had no games. Anyway downloaded a copy of Power Stone 2 for it burnt it to disk and it actually worked! I couldn't believe it!

So any cool homebrew or games I should be playing on this bad boy? I'm thinking of getting Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 again and of course some street fighter games.

Serideth

Just downloaded JSR, not going tog et Shenmue as it's too big to download for now, might get MSR, loved that game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I never had a Dreamcast and have always thought about getting one. A friend of mine has one with a ton of NES and SNES roms on it and it's is great to sit down and play some Mario on a real TV instead of a handheld.

Does it take much of an effort to be able to throw emulators on there? I know nothing of the Dreamcast.

Whisper

Logic :(
The good old days. I'm thinking about driving down to a retro game store and picking this up for thirty dollars.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The good old days. I'm thinking about driving down to a retro game store and picking this up for thirty dollars.

lol

I was in college when this thing came out!

So what's the best site to learn about getting roms and emulators loaded on this thing? Is it all disc based or do you install a HD or something? I can't get onto most sites since I'm at work to find out if the content is good or not, etc.

Whisper

Logic :(
lol

So what's the best site to learn about getting roms and emulators loaded on this thing? Is it all disc based or do you install a HD or something? I can't get onto most sites since I'm at work to find out if the content is good or not, etc.

racketboy.com View topic - Dreamcast versions
DCEmu : Dreamcast Homebrew Development and Emulation News Resource and Downloads Community Site Dreamcast Gaming news
Can You Copy Dreamcast Games on Your PC? - racketboy.com
quick google search brought this up. Should give you a brief account on dreamcast homebrew.

It is all relative.

Noriyuke

I bought mine a year ago for 15 at a gamestop

As for games i recommend? One that comes to mind is the Crazy Taxi Series, MDK was fun but i think that came out on other consoles as well. But the DC's Control scheme was perfect for it. Red Dog is fun, Armada is the BOMB Diggidity. Fo reel. Like that was a game to play all night. The original Phantasy Stars are good as well. Silver was also good. And if your into resident evil i was gonna also say code veronica.

Thats all i could think of at the top of my head.

Oh yeah, D2. 4 Disc Game tho..

Seth

MD Party Room
lol

It all disc based...

Yea I kinda feel bad for not picking this up at gamecrazy a few years back for 25 bucks....But I was 14 and that was alot of money to me...

Tho I have 2 snes ATM..

Tommi

A lot of games are simply download and burn, and If I remember there was a way to downsample music and video to allow the higher density games to fit on a CD-Rom, due to the GD-Rom being double the density of a standard CD-Rom.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Omg! I remember Powerstone. I used to play that at my friend's house all the time. That was like the equivalent of Halo when I was growing up.

There's no room for my dreamcast on my stand anymore :/. I used it mostly for playing MVC2 and taking over to peoples houses.

Serideth

The really weird thing is how fast the graphics aged on it, it feels like just yesterday I took this thing out of its box and was amazed by the graphics, now they looks pretty fuzzy on my big tv :(

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
The really weird thing is how fast the graphics aged on it, it feels like just yesterday I took this thing out of its box and was amazed by the graphics, now they looks pretty fuzzy on my big tv :(

You have an HDTV right? if so you'll get a better picture running it through VGA.