• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GUIDE] Removing Watermarks and Site Feedback button in Windows 7 Beta

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
Ok, so you have Windows 7 Beta and you're absolutely loving it. You are even considering using it as your primary OS even though it is in Beta. The only things that are bugging you are those stupid, annoying watermarks in the lower-right corner of the desktop. You ask yourself

twelve

I'm not dead
It's all very well removing those two things but you're still left with the small issue of it expiring.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
It's all very well removing those two things but you're still left with the small issue of it expiring.

get a key then. it is unlimited til the 24th. there isn't really an excuse.

Seth

MD Party Room
I've got a key the beta still expires in July or August (I don't remember which).

August 1-31...

Tho I sure the RC might go on till December and maybe gold by q1 2010...

twelve

I'm not dead
August 1-31...

Tho I sure the RC might go on till December and maybe gold by q1 2010...

Exactly. And any further betas or release candidates that are released will require a reinstall, which is exactly why I am not using 7 as my main OS yet.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Exactly. And any further betas or release candidates that are released will require a reinstall, which is exactly why I am not using 7 as my main OS yet.

I thought a few betas were able to be an 'update' during vista beta. why not here?

EvilSeph

Administrator
Upgrading between builds is generally not supported (and so not implemented). Far too many problems can result from upgrading...which is why a fresh install is either required or highly recommended when beta testing any software.