• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Computer Lighting

Sullivan

Hey guys, my new pc should all be put together by Saturday for sure.

I was just wondering about it today, if at all possible after doing some self modding, that I could have all my lights on my pc, such as fans and things, if I could have them all on a switch that goes on a expansion bay slot.

Hardrive

Contributor
You only put lights in your computer if it is a top of the line, water cooled, overclocked, noob killing, nails for breakfast, super l33t machine. Unfortunately, no one on this forum has such a rig, so lights would just further point out the fact that your rig lacks said characteristics. I know it's sad, but it's the truth ;)

ilyace

I've got some 12" blue cold cathodes in my pc, and 4 blue 120mm led fans. It looks fantastic! I still have to work on the cables though :( There's a bunch of stuff you can have: Many colors of cold cathodes (even UV reactive), lasers, led fans, leds on your psu, etc...

Sullivan

You only put lights in your computer if it is a top of the line, water cooled, overclocked, noob killing, nails for breakfast, super l33t machine. Unfortunately, no one on this forum has such a rig, so lights would just further point out the fact that your rig lacks said characteristics. I know it's sad, but it's the truth ;)

Post your rigs stats. Noaw!

Hardrive

Contributor
Post your rigs stats. Noaw!

When I said nobody on this forum, I meant including myself. I would feel like a giant tool if I put lights, sirens, etc into mine.

Anyways, here's my specs:

Case: Antec P182
Power Supply: Corsair 650TX
Motherboard: EVGA nForce 780i
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 [3.2ghz @ 400mhz*8] or [3.6ghz @ 400mhz*9 (unstable)]
Cooler: XIGMATEK HDT 120mm
Graphics: EVGA GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB (SLI) [770mhz/1900mhz/2000mhz]
RAM: OCZ Reaper 4GB (2x 2GB) DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-15
Hard Drive: Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM SATA
Disk Drive: Samsung DVD-RW Burner 20x SATA

3.2ghz 3DMark06 Score: 15510 - [proof]
3.6ghz 3DMark06 Score: 18442- [proof]

Case:
IMG_3395.jpg

Side panel off:
IMG_3398.jpg

Top-down:
IMG_3400.jpg

Power Supply:
IMG_3406.jpg

CPU and Cooler, RAM:
IMG_3408.jpg

Graphics Cards:
IMG_3404.jpg

Sullivan

Ya, very nice rig. You have the exact same ram I ordered. I may need your help for OCing mine.

man I had the same computer pick excatly like this for my dad. but he said cost too much and went with something else with the SAME PRICE. :|

Anyways nice rig!

Sullivan

Ya, very nice rig, mines almost exactly the same, but I don't have as nice of GPU's and Cable Management:

DSC00694.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

ilyace

You dont have an optical drive? In that case you can use the fan mount that came with the Antec 900 for mounting a 120mm fan on a hdd cage for gpu cooling to the front, so you'll have 3 120 mm blowing air into the case.

Sullivan

Well, I RMA'd a faulty IDE HP dvd burner, and got a Samsung SATA burner, so I now have a optical drive.