• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

XBOX Help!

Noriyuke

I know i sound lame here, but i cant find anything posted anywhere about how to place a 120+GB HDD on a softmodded Xbox after hotswapping.

Any Help? Also, i was thinking a 500GB HD, only because its 10 bucks more on newegg... so opinions would be favored.

Thanks!

Noriyuke

lol, dude, yeah i have EVERY other console in the house modded, but like none belong to me, the 360 is my stepdads he bought it to shut everyone up, and the wii is my little brothers, this is like MINE. like i can take it to friends houses and shit. so i want a big hdd. music, movies, games? why not?

Edit: Ok, that one tut doesnt work, i dont have a mod chip, im trying to install a bigger hdd without having to purchase a modchip.

Noriyuke

yeah? and do you have a mod chip or was it a softmod installation? and is it locked or unlocked? And what does it honestly mean to have it locked or not? like what does it matter? I keep reading that its to make sure that it will work on XBL but i dont need this xbox for XBL its just for good ol 4 player mayham, movies, music, and maybe pictures, if it really gets down to that. i hope i dont have to upload photos to it.

explosions

yeah? and do you have a mod chip or was it a softmod installation? and is it locked or unlocked? And what does it honestly mean to have it locked or not? like what does it matter? I keep reading that its to make sure that it will work on XBL but i dont need this xbox for XBL its just for good ol 4 player mayham, movies, music, and maybe pictures, if it really gets down to that. i hope i dont have to upload photos to it.

woahhhhh. i havent touched my xbox in like a year. i need a new controller... but anyway. i dont know. i've forgotten all about it.

Noriyuke

yeah? well ive figured it out, i was looking at an unupdated list of people who have swapped HDD's after finding a more recent one, it seems to me that the XbawX can take up to about 2TB. But im good with 500GB, and ive even confimred what harddrive imma buy! unless i can find one for under 70 bucks.

Noriyuke

well, it kinda allows me to use it as an all around decent peice of hardware rather than put the current hardware to flames or something, it gives me the opportunity to use the TV in my room for once, i havent touched it in 8 months because i have no method of enjoying anything on it for free or cheap, ive been using the xbox360 in the living room to watch movies and tv shows, also to listen to music, and also to play games. with the 500GB i get a permement way of uploading a shit ton of games that i never bothered to get into because i didnt have the time or really care, i also get a full fledged multiplayer experience by loading a shit ton of multiplayer games!

Noriyuke

Bump!

Sorry if people are tired of this thread, but i cant find any info on XBMC in terms of its filesystem specifically for the xbox. Like i dont know how to get things to load in their proper place.

Like Games, Arcade Stuff, anything like that. Nothings working right, i have to load the .xbes manually through a file browser built in and not through XBMC main menu's. So im really hoping i could clean up the mess i have on the XBox and make it more presentable.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Do you have XMBC as a default dash? I used unleashX and just used to launch XMBC whenever I wanted to watch a dvd.

Anyways are you trying to find you're apps? I'm pretty sure you can put them anywhere and just go to "applications" and add a new source and find that folder. Although with unleashX, they would go in X:\apps (I forget the drive letter).

I hope that answers your question, if it doesn't just ask again in a different way.

Noriyuke

ok, how do i set up xbmc to go to a directory of my choosing as to where i have all the stuff? i replaced unleashx to xbmc as default, but i have unleashx evox and xbmc all on the harddrive and switch around from time to time deciding on an official one.

Noriyuke

gotcha, i will see if that works and get back to you.

EDIT: That worked! Thanks! now everythings coming together a tad bit nicely.

Now i just need to find a wireless gaming adapter for cheap...