• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Mformature's Stock Exchange

Colm

I've bought 10 in google, 10 in Pfizer and 10 in ExxonMobil. Depending on how those three companies get on in the next few days, I'll start buying more shares. Also, I'm going to be keeping an eye on the business news for a while, with it being somewhat relevant to me now :). Looks like a good way to train for investing IRL.

eldiablov

Contributor
I was researching for about three hours yesterday and tried getting shares in GEC. But Symbol "GEC" is a preferred stock and is restricted from trading. :/

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Is there any way for the site to generate some sort of timeplot that would display each person's value as time goes on and compare them?

Colm

My stock orders aren't going through either, I tried to buy stock in PFE and XOM but they're still "pending"

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Dang it Serideth, you pulled ahead of me. Don't worry though, pretty soon you and Sousa will both fall behind, putting all your eggs in one basket.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Dang it Serideth, you pulled ahead of me. Don't worry though, pretty soon you and Sousa will both fall behind, putting all your eggs in one basket.
I still got plenty of eggs left, I just need to wait for the perfect time ;)

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Did you research your stock or did you get lucky?
A bit of both. I randomly picked a [small] company and did some 5 minute research of its stock portfolio to see how they have been doing for the past few months.

I took accounting in high school which had a stock game like this, so I semi-know what works and what doesn't.

Colm

I'm increasing my investment in Pfizer and Google after my trial run of 10 shares each was successful, going up to 100 shares each. I'm also thinking about branching out more in pharma industries, since they're practically recession-proof, and I might even invest in security company on a trial run. I've considered investing in transport, but I don't think there's much money to be had there.
ExxonMobil didn't have the same success and I'm not going to buy more shares.

EDIT: Bought 50 shares in Allied Irish Banks, plc. We'll see how that goes. AIB shares are obviously much cheaper than shares in PFE or GOOG, but I've watched their recent activity and prices are fluctuating wildly, so I don't want to make any massive investment.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team