• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

President Obama's Weekly Video Address

seems like alot of you on here are for Obama. I myself voted for mccain not neccesarily because i liked the man (which i do), but because Barack to me seems slippery hes a popularity guy playing the sports card throughout the campaign. However i do like the idea of these videos trying to keep people informed, but to me he is like this jibjab video he talks alot about change, but really doesnt address it. (around the 51 second mark) Lately he has gotten better, but during the campaign it was change this and change that no real solutions though. I will say this though he will either go down as the most hated or the best loved, because of the race factor his presidency will be remembered whether thats good or bad. Also he seems to get alot of "passes" from the media seemed like they were on his side. Anyway enough ranting lol i like the idea of these video chats about issues and his solutions should be interesting

Joey

seems like alot of you on here are for Obama. I myself voted for mccain not neccesarily because i liked the man (which i do), but because Barack to me seems slippery hes a popularity guy playing the sports card throughout the campaign. However i do like the idea of these videos trying to keep people informed, but to me he is like this jibjab video he talks alot about change, but really doesnt address it. (around the 51 second mark) Lately he has gotten better, but during the campaign it was change this and change that no real solutions though. I will say this though he will either go down as the most hated or the best loved, because of the race factor his presidency will be remembered whether thats good or bad. Also he seems to get alot of "passes" from the media seemed like they were on his side. Anyway enough ranting lol i like the idea of these video chats about issues and his solutions should be interesting

Well that's what every candidate in the history of politics does. It's just rhetoric...

John F Kennedy's speech "Ask not what your country can do for you" was nothing but rhetoric. It was inspiring, but rhetoric all the same. Candidates who get into specifics on the campaign trail all have one thing in common. They've never been President.

If you expected anymore out of these candidates, you're fooling your self.

That's not to say there can't be substance behind the man spouting the rhetoric, hence why I voted for Obama, but that's what wins elections, unfortunately. If Obama would have hit the campaign trail talking about this stimulus package, he would have bored people. And people just want to be inspired by their President.

Although, if you ask me, the kind of people who get inspired by their President, are probably the same people who get inspired by their High School Principal.

Anyway, I almost voted for McCain, so don't think I'm attack you or anything. I actually kind of agree. At the end of the day, I just had to vote against McCain because of his stance on the war, and the fact I wasn't sure he wouldn't carry on Bush's worst institutions (ie, Guantanamo Bay).

The Only thing I don't like about Obama so far, is that he's stil trying to cater to bad Republican ideas. I mean, I'm totally down for putting aside differences to achieve something, but when the other guy's ideas are just bad or self-serving, use your fucking power. It's like Obama doesn't know he actually won the Presidency.

Serideth

Woah woah woah, hang on a second, please remember this is in smart talk, I don't want to be cleaning up this thread again.

Slasher

Suck It
Who was that directed at?

I didn't see any non-smart talk going on. What was being said was understandable and elaborated upon