• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Awesome Teachers

andyauff

This is a thread for telling about your favorite or coolest teacher (or professor), whether present or past.

My coolest teacher would have to by my one band teacher (we have two). He is just an awesome guy all around. He is really dedicated to what he does, a great musician and composer, and a great teacher. And he always keeps you laughing, sometimes going off on tangents about random thoughts he's having. He can be crazy, but he knows when to settle the class down to get to work. I think his teaching method is perfect. He's relaxed and almost like a teenager with his students, which is awesome, but it doesn't inhibit his teaching at all. He is the best teacher I know.

Oh, and besides that, he plays Xbox 360 and talks about it a lot :p. He says he can't play with us until we graduate, but come graduation day, I'm getting his gamertag :D. And he's not a nerdy old guy, he's a young, awesome guy, in his 30's... he bicycles as a hobby/to stay fit. He also plays Rock Band with his wife (they just got married either 1 or 2 years ago, I think) and talks about wanting to bring it in to school to play during class. He's amazing.

What about you guys?

Seth

MD Party Room
I had one... He was my last high school English teacher..He was a very tall huge white man. Played 360 and was fun to hang out with in class after I was done with my work.Best of all he was one of the few who could understand my writing.Almost always gave me A's in the 2 years I had him tho I did get a D on the final...It class was fun and really made those 90 mins of class go by fast.Plus he picked really good movies to write about. Troy,The Usual Suspects,Supersize me and many others in the 2 years that I did have him.Plus I almost beat him in chess one time,but he almost always kill me..

Other teachers I loved where

DR.k still talked to him even threw college

Mr.Z Tho I never really had him I always hung out in his room since it was the video editing place and it where most of my friends hung out.

Ms.Start who was my physiology teacher and my consular.

Ms. Smith my Html teacher...I had tons of free time in there to do anything since I was always ahead...

Adiuvo

My favorite teacher is my band teacher as well. He's a great guy, and has a really off sense of humor. He likes to talk about his old school days, which most of the time are pretty interesting. He's almost 40, but still plays his trumpet professionally, in operas, jazz ensembles, etc.. He also has a bunch of autographs from famous musicians, and met quite a few more thanks to his dad, who also plays trumpet professionally.

He also knows alot of students outside the classroom. Him and a couple of other students even got together to play airsoft with him a few times. Really great guy to know.

Sullivan

My coolest teacher is probably my 3D animation teacher, which is the class I am currently taking. I have know him all throughout high school, he was originally my computer applications teacher in 9th grade. But he pretty much teaches tons of class besides 3d animation and comp apps. He always has good storys to tell us about his past. Some I plan On sharing, they truely are hilarious. He is the biggest geek I know, and is currently going to law school, but he is the coolest teacher I know.

My Family Development teacher is fine as hell! Shes gota be 35, but FINE!!!

chrono6456

I have three really, but I'll just post one. One is my AP physics teacher (who also wrote my recommendation) who is Russian, and right there he has instantly become awesome. He speaks with a thick Russian accent and talks all the time about childhood stories in Soviet Russia. He once showed us a pic of himself when he was 20 and in command of men in the army.

And he really is a great teacher. He has the highest percentage rate in the school of students in his class who get 5's on the AP test. It's somewhere up at 85-90% of students when the national average is about 15%.

Davee

lolhax
3D Animation? o_O
These schools sound epic =/

My school is pretty bad for me. My favourite teacher must be my maths teacher, Mr Bruce. He is pretty sound, we get to slag each other off during class along with my "companion" Alex.

It makes maths a hell of a lot more interesting. We do nothing currently but try to make stuff to fling objects across the room (mathematically calculated though). Yet, I still get 100% passes in the subject. Gotta love it.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
best teacher..... hmm. had a study hall teacher in hs who u could just say 'im here.... see ya' and go roam the halls.

then there is my hs Web Design teacher. she was very laid back. the 'I dont care what you do as long as the work gets done' kind of teacher. so i'd use a proxy to get around the game blocks after i did that weeks assignment in 15 min, and she 'wouldn't notice'

other times i'd just help the ppl who didn't get it, and she counted it towards my required tutoring hrs i needed for a scholarship.

my worst teacher...... well.... she was universally hated for poor teaching ability, over strict grading, and being a complete bitch. the class avg was a low d(and a good 3/4 of the ppl in there were the very bright, 4.0 kind of students, so it wasn't them)
after a particular incident my mom was about to sue the school for a violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act. She resigned at the end of the year.

eighty4

My favorite teacher was Ms. Bruchalski in 10th grade. I totally wanted to do such illegal things to her body.

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
Miss morjonii. gotha middle school

Ive always suvcked at math but since i was going out with her daughter she just passed me.:tup: nicest old lady you will ever see & she always had candy 8th grade

Worst teacher is miss cupp.
She was a short chinese'ish lookin ladey we were in 9th grade and she tried to give us senior class advanced work. that was at freedom high. that B**** should burn in hell.....HELL i say.